meguel

Reaction score
To take South America (as a nation) and turn in into the best footballing continent in the world, like Europe is at the minute. Could you answer the following question about it?

1 - To take a South American club to best club in world (Top Division Title Contender)
2 - To take a South American league to the best league in the world.
3 - To make Copa Libadores better then CL
4 - To make South America the best nation in the world.

Doubt anyone's ever done it but if they have it'd be nice to have a decent target to aim for.

About 10 seasons? Need to raise the reputation of clubs and the leagues to get to be best in the world and attract your rooneys/messis. For Anzhi took me 3-4 seasons to attract Benzema a world class player so for a full continent many more seasons.

10 seasons to make a continent that good? I'm in 2016 in an Ajax save and compete for the CL every year and the Eredevisie is still poor... For a continent to get that good I'd expect it to take a lot longer...

10 seasons to make a continent that good? I'm in 2016 in an Ajax save and compete for the CL every year and the Eredevisie is still poor... For a continent to get that good I'd expect it to take a lot longer...

Agreed, the Portuguese league does not have any development and i wonder how it could develop. Clubs getting far in european competitions? Number of international players playing in each team? Rep of each team?

Im in the 3rd season, won 2 ECL with Benfica, 2 world cups, the club in now ranked 5th in the world, but the league is still below, for example the FA Cup....

For a Team in South America, maybe 5 to 6 years to dominate the world. The competitions and all continent, i keep my 15 years

You'd need the reputations of all the better clubs in the league to improve too, so not just you competing for top honours, they all need to be. You'd need to team swap every couple of years in the same league to improve them all to a highly competetive level, a level that would continue after you leave. This way all the teams can buy higher calibur players, get where I am going.

If I'm honest I think this is going to be near impossible, there's always going to be a philosophy in the football world that Brazilians and Argentinians eventually transfer away to the Spanish/English/Italian leagues...

And clubs you've previously been to will sell the players you brought in, most likely away from the league/country/continent as that is built into the game. My verdict impossible, unless you have 8 mates and you all take a top team from a certain league in a joint game, then it'd be possible-ish.

Europe has the highest reputation due to money involved in its top competitions, allowing clubs to afford the best players. The problem you will find is that the South American champions league competition will never have the reputation of Europe's champions league due to the prize money.

So basically, even if you and a load of mates control of south american clubs and are successful, you will only increase the reputations of the clubs within their own country and their countries reputation within South America without being able to change South America's standing in world football - therefore, you are always going to be unlikely to attract the very best players.

It won't work as there is no prize money in the South American system but you could do this with South Africa as there is plenty of money in the African Champions League.

It won't work as there is no prize money in the South American system but you could do this with South Africa as there is plenty of money in the African Champions League.

But surely this can change?

And for South America to have a stronger reputation than Europe then SA clubs would need to be beating European cluabs on a regular basis - the only competition they can meet in is the world club championship, which is a competition of minimal importance/reputation/prize money.

But surely this can change?
Prize money stays the same from the start of the game.
If you used the editor and made all continent's champions league competitions have the same prize money and made all major top divisions have same amount of prize money then it could be possible for another continent to overtake Europe but it would still take time, at least a generation (25-30 years).

And for South America to have a stronger reputation than Europe then SA clubs would need to be beating European cluabs on a regular basis - the only competition they can meet in is the world club championship, which is a competition of minimal importance/reputation/prize money.

But if top SA national players played in the South American leagues then the reputation of the leagues can reach a level similar then the level of the European leagues? Because of the standard of play?

But if top SA national players played in the South American leagues then the reputation of the leagues can reach a level similar then the level of the European leagues? Because of the standard of play?
This would help the league reputations among SA if better players were playing there but will always be hindered by the very best players going where the money is (europe) and SA Leagues could only increase their reputations to a level lower than possible in Europe due to the SA champions league poorer lower reputation competition on the world stage than Europes champions league.

Ultimately, money talks.

This would help the league reputations among SA if better players were playing there but will always be hindered by the very best players going where the money is (europe) and SA Leagues could only increase their reputations to a level lower than possible in Europe due to the SA champions league poorer lower reputation competition on the world stage than Europes champions league.

Ultimately, money talks.

What about Asia then? Plenty of money there.

There is dynamic prize money in this game but the competition has to start with prize money. The club world cup has quite a bit of money and reputation so things could change that way and also as the national side improves so does the players that get produced for it.

What about Asia then? Plenty of money there.
More money than Europe?
The clubs that have money have poor reputations and will struggle to keep/attract the best players to their low reputation leagues.

The money in Asia isn't from high competition payouts so the league reps will stay low compared to top European leagues.

More money than Europe?
The clubs that have money have poor reputations and will struggle to keep/attract the best players to their low reputation leagues.

The money in Asia isn't from high competition payouts so the league reps will stay low compared to top European leagues.

Hmmm....

There is dynamic prize money in this game but the competition has to start with prize money. The club world cup has quite a bit of money and reputation so things could change that way and also as the national side improves so does the players that get produced for it.
Brazil and Argentina are two of the very best nations in the world but their leagues have poor reputations so i dont think if Venezuala suddenly improved significantly to Brazil/Argentina level that players would like to play in Venezuala.

As for dynamic prize money, i dont know if its true or not but i have never seen prize money increase or decrease.

The problem with the World Club Championship is its poor reputation in world football. Its a 1 star competition, so what if a SA club wins it 10 years running? A European club will ALWAYS win the European Champions League, a 5 star competition.

Dynamic prize money is definitely real, I've seen it drop quite dramatically in leagues which have been edited to have higher prize money.