efesta

Reaction score
Can someone tactical genious creator, make LVG tactic that destroyed Spain? sorry for my bad english, its not my native language

First you lose a WC final, then you have your country which only wants to see revenge and Spain humiliated... Then Add some world class strikers, proven Coach and a 5-3-2 tacitc... Mix this all with some nice goals and serve the dish cold

This is the closest I got to it, maybe somebody who has more game knowledge can help you

View attachment 371658!

I've been working on a 532 since I watched Louis Van Gaal's Holland play Ecuador last month. https://www.mediafire.com/?mebw854ky56ux42 is a link to what I've got so far, seems effective though I'm not yet sure I've got the 3 centre back roles to be as effective as I'd like at defending.

First you lose a WC final, then you have your country which only wants to see revenge and Spain humiliated... Then Add some world class strikers, proven Coach and a 5-3-2 tacitc... Mix this all with some nice goals and serve the dish cold

This is the closest I got to it, maybe somebody who has more game knowledge can help you

View attachment 608293!

Whatever

I see it as more a 523, personally. He played Van persie and robben up front, obviously, but this was also interchanged with schneider ghosting in in what I'd have seen as an SS role. I personally saw VP as the main striker and then robben and schneider in more SS roles. It's just that Robben is stupidly quick that he appeared in the box much quicker. Think of all those runs that robben made from deep...he wasn't playing directly up front. I also saw it as 2 DMC's who stayed back and cleaned up any break with the 2 wb's offering support.

If you look at it, there was a **** of a lot of space between the midfield and the attack and Holland played a very direct game. I personally think the original idea was to hassle the defenders with direct passes, hope for mistakes, and grab goals from the 3 CB's at set pieces. It was just that they had some unworldly performances that made it so much more

Last edited:
I see it as more a 523, personally. He played Van persie and robben up front, obviously, but this was also interchanged with schneider ghosting in in what I'd have seen as an SS role. I personally saw VP as the main striker and then robben and schneider in more SS roles. It's just that Robben is stupidly quick that he appeared in the box much quicker. Think of all those runs that robben made from deep...he wasn't playing directly up front. I also saw it as 2 DMC's who stayed back and cleaned up any break with the 2 wb's offering support

My 3rd mid is in AMC position and 2 forwards with complete forward support roles giving them both the freedom to do what each of them did. Sometimes seems like a forward 3, I've had games where my AMC has scored hat-tricks.

here you go

I'm not convinced that's how it was. The Wb's were on a support duty as they were crossing from deep and kept further back to stop counters. There were 3 main attacking players and then 1 or 2 on support. I'm not entirely sure on what roles the strikers would have been at as they interchanged, but I would disagree with the short passing, the CM roles and the attack duties on the WB's. The WB's didn't really overlap all that often and the attack role would mean they would constantly go forward. I also saw the 2 CM's more in the DMC support role with go forward instruction to support the attack from a more central position but ultimately to sweep up any counters. The passing though was definitely more direct and the offensive movement was primarily made by VP, Schneider and Robben. VP played the more advanced position while Robben and Schneider ghosted in. That's more how I saw it

Look at the first goal - Deep cross from the WB and how much space there is between Hollands attack and midfield. This would suggest to me that the centre midfield has been primarily instructed to break up any counter. Also, the cross from deep would suggest a support role for WB's.
2nd goal - again a deep cross from the supporting WB and now Robben is the advanced player who tucks it away nicely. Again, huge gap between the midfield and attack
3rd goal - set piece and CB scores. Notice 2 players edge of box to cover any break.
4th goal - pressure on defence, mistake from keeper. Again, notice the huge gap between midfield and attack
5th goal - direct pass on the counter and Robbens sheer pace won the goal

There really wasn't much short passing from Holland and they started to play it around near the end, but they were high and dry. The goals and majority of Hollands play came from direct passing, hassling and just sheer amazing performances. I've also noticed that the 3 attacking players would hassle but the rest of the team would sit back and then press when Spain were in their half. Was pretty much 5 players on defensive duties, 2 on support and 3 on attack

Last edited:
I'm not convinced that's how it was. The Wb's were on a support duty as they were crossing from deep and kept further back to stop counters. There were 3 main attacking players and then 1 or 2 on support. I'm not entirely sure on what roles the strikers would have been at as they interchanged, but I would disagree with the short passing, the CM roles and the attack duties on the WB's. The WB's didn't really overlap all that often and the attack role would mean they would constantly go forward. I also saw the 2 CM's more in the DMC support role with go forward instruction to support the attack from a more central position but ultimately to sweep up any counters. The passing though was definitely more direct and the offensive movement was primarily made by VP, Schneider and Robben. VP played the more advanced position while Robben and Schneider ghosted in. That's more how I saw it

Look at the first goal - Deep cross from the WB and how much space there is between Hollands attack and midfield. This would suggest to me that the centre midfield has been primarily instructed to break up any counter. Also, the cross from deep would suggest a support role for WB's.
2nd goal - again a deep cross from the supporting WB and now Robben is the advanced player who tucks it away nicely. Again, huge gap between the midfield and attack
3rd goal - set piece and CB scores. Notice 2 players edge of box to cover any break.
4th goal - pressure on defence, mistake from keeper. Again, notice the huge gap between midfield and attack
5th goal - direct pass on the counter and Robbens sheer pace won the goal

There really wasn't much short passing from Holland and they started to play it around near the end, but they were high and dry. The goals and majority of Hollands play came from direct passing, hassling and just sheer amazing performances. I've also noticed that the 3 attacking players would hassle but the rest of the team would sit back and then press when Spain were in their half. Was pretty much 5 players on defensive duties, 2 on support and 3 on attack

Well, you create it then. I didn't even watch the game, I just setup tactics as I thought would be good...

Well, you create it then. I didn't even watch the game, I just setup tactics as I thought would be good...

but they asked for LVG tactic, you probebly made random 532 tactic and posted a link... :\

I would, but I lost patience with this game looooong ago. I don't see the point in these pre-determined roles and feel they're just there to restrict what you can do so the game can manipulate your tactic easier and counter it. The game's lost it's freedom and, therefore, it's fun. I didn't mean any criticism to your tactic as a tactic but just felt it wasn't accurate to how the Holland vs Spain game played out. I personally feel that the philosophy of Holland was very simple and very rigid...my interpretation would be;

GK
DC DC DC
WB(s)DM(s)DM(s)WB(s)

SS SS
CF

I'm not completely sure about the roles of the 3 forwards but i definitely feel the team was set up with the team to defend and then relied on the skills of the 3 forwards to nick the goals. Like I said previously, it seemed like the 3 forwards hassled the defence after direct bals were played forward and then the rest of the team acted as a seperate unit and hassled when Spain entered their half. The 3 strikers then primarily stayed further up the pitch to spring counter attacks. I think the original plan was for the team to act as a solid unit and then the 3 strikers to hit on the counter and press the defence...Also, the 3 CD's to be a threat on set pieces...which they were. If you look at the goals and the majority of play you will see Holland was very direct and actually got the goals from direct play and eventual mistakes.

but they asked for LVG tactic, you probebly made random 532 tactic and posted a link... :\

Well, no, I looked at zonal marking and saw how they played against ghana...I watched the game against Spain for about 10 sec and saw they were using offside trap, and played compact...that means they played attack strategy, and since they were close to one another, they played short passing...at least that makes sense to me...roles and duties fit their current players and make sense in tactical manner also. Dave is the expert here, and watched the game, he prolly knows better...

Last edited:
I went with.......

WB-s CB-d CB-d CB-d WB-s

BWM-s CM-d

AP-A

AF-A CF-s

No team instructions

very fluid - ATT

undefeated in 12 - drew 2 - scored 24 - conceded 6

I would have played a 5-2-2-1, with Robben being the SS on the left, with an option to roam from position and Wesley Sneijder being the AP.

The wing back were on, as dave256 said, on support, so they can go up only if someone is covering, because Blind did get up a couple of times in the box, but the main thing is that they were cautious of wondering up, so the Crossing from deep option is vital for this, RVP would be AF, the CB are standard with the two on either side pressing a bit more than the one in the Centre.

To add to my post, De guzman was a CM as support, only getting up when needed, so no box to box midfielder and DE jong being the holding player, so could be BWM or move him back to DM with Defense duty.

So far I have my tac set up like this-

GK
CD-CD-CD
CWB-DM-DM-CWB
AMC-SS
AF

I have all 3 CD on DEF duty
I have 1 DM on BWM SUP and 1 on DM DEF
I have 1 AMC on SS ATT ala Robben and 1 AMC on AM SUP ala Sneijder
Then RVP up top as AF ATT

I have done my set pieces just struggling on team/player instructions am playing as UTD any advice would be great thanks.

The whole point were attacking wingbacks against attacking wingbacks. Spain were with 2 CBs, while Holland were with 3 CBs at the back, when wingbacks pushed forward.