Broyston

Reaction score
I have noticed that as default my coaches were setup to train in 2 categories, like Ball Control and Shooting. But when I put each to train only one area the star rating went up, so my training overall improved (logical, the coaches time isn't split). My question is if I put 2 coaches on the same thing (ie. shooting) will that improve that training further, or is it overkill. I don't want to be paying for more coaches than I need?

My plan was for 5 1st team coaches, 5 coaches, and 5 youth coaches so the 1st team and youth coaches would have a specific area each (shooting, ball control, defense, tactics, attack) and the other coaches could support as needed. The fitness coaches and GK coaches pick up the rest of the training.

You only need to put more than one coach on an area if he has a high or medium workload.

You want all your coaches to have low workload, so they can give your players the best training possible.

And your plan sounds quite sound, although I've always avoided 1st team and youth coaches, and had everyone as coach if possible. That way I provide the best training for both first team and youth team.

Hmmm, interesting, there are limits on each of the coaching categories, i.e. apparently I am only allowed 5 1st team coaches, does this mean it is the total staff level that is important, or are the board not bothered if you exceed the limits? I guess also I will need to hunt down the best coaches then, looks like one 5* coach will give better training than two 4* coaches then, as long as the workload is light.

Hmmm, interesting, there are limits on each of the coaching categories, i.e. apparently I am only allowed 5 1st team coaches, does this mean it is the total staff level that is important, or are the board not bothered if you exceed the limits? I guess also I will need to hunt down the best coaches then, looks like one 5* coach will give better training than two 4* coaches then, as long as the workload is light.

Actually, although there are limits on each category, the board only look at the total number of coaches. You can have as many coaches or 1st team or whatever. They somehow don't distinguish...

That's why I like my staff to be coaches and be able to work with all players. The GK and fitness coaches also work with the whole team, so it's a plus. The only few 1st team coaches I've got won't accept to be a regular coach, that's why I have them as 1st team.

Also, have in mind that quality coaches are not that common, and once a coach becomes a 1st team coach, there's no going back...

And yes, you're right, it's the best coach in the category that matters, not the number of them. Though I guess that having two 4.5 star coaches would beat having one 4.5 and one 3 star, so I go for the best coaches I can find, no matter if I've got the category well covered.