naraic

Reaction score
Starting a new game as Chelsea I noticed that I have a somewhat rediculous number of keepers on my books.

Cech
Hilario
Turnbull
Taylor
Heinmann
Sebek
Delac (coming in future co-owned)
Walker
Haxia

Is there any reason to keep so many keepers?

I would prefer to keep a keeper line up like this
First team
#1 Cech
#2 Turnbull
#3 Taylor
Reserve Team
#1 Turnbull
#2 Taylor
#3 Haxia
Youth Team
#1 Haxia
#2 Walker
Delac coming in as previously agreed

To sum up is five a healthy number for goal keepers spread through three squads.

sounds bout normal, i have 3 in first team, 2 or 3 in reserves some old ecpirenced backup some young players, and youth prostpects :)

Ye 5 is perfect

2 first team, 1 reserve, 2 youth

You don't need that many but only Cech and Turnbull merit a decent wage and you are Chelsea who don't exactly need to trim the wage bill but if you don't need them, get rid of them. You only need three keepers at your club maximum.

Walker is a promising talent.

Delac becomes a carbon copy of Cech, so keep him.

The rest are expendable and should be used to warm to bench, placed in the reserves, or sold.

Always good to keep a few in case of an injury crisis though :)

Last edited:
I have two first team, two reserve, three youth.

i normally have 3 keepers that i rotate, my As Monaco save now i have Kameni, Lung Jr and Joe Hart (on loan with option to buy) and one or 2 Rererves
my Everton save i had Ochoa, Stekelenburg and Ustari

i used them in different games against certain opp that would bring the best out of them, like Stekelenburg vs a team like Chelsea to use his 20 reflexes etc etc (K)

I usually have a starting keeper, a bench keeper, and a ****** home grown keeper to warm the bench in case of injuries to either of the other two, usually from my youth or reserve squad.

I have 1 gk in main team and 1 in reserves as Goalkeepers never(for me atleast) get injured.. :)
Reserve keeper is wonder-kid.

Actually i hv 3 wonder-kid keepers. As only 1 will get regular chance to play in reserves squad so i sent other 2 on loan with option to recall. It saves wages+ get them experience!! ;)

Last edited: