How many players do you buy/sell after promotion?

Hyphron

Reaction score
I've been promoted previously and completely overhauled my squad. This didnt go down to well and I ended up getting relegated... How many players do you buy/sell after promotion and how do you judge this?

3-5 for the main squad, and as many youth prospects for positions where i have players 27+

For me it depends on the quality of my squad. I try and have faith in the core of my squad to keep me up in the next league.

I tend to buy 2-3 players in key positions or positions where the player I currently have isn't good enough.

For example, I'll buy a better goalkeeper, centre back and a striker as goals will obviously help massively in keeping you up.

for me it deepens on the transfer budged that was given to me... usually I try to use all of it... :)

for me it deepens on the transfer budged that was given to me... usually I try to use all of it... :)

I always try and keep a chunk of it, in case my signings haven't worked well and I'm struggling come January. Gives me a chance to bring in a player or two that will potentially make the difference.

1st season with derby never changed anything to do with tactic in any match all season

View attachment 147154

transfers 1st season
View attachment 147152

second season with derby so far still not changed anything to do with tactics
View attachment 147148

transfers for 2nd season

View attachment 147146

So not too many changes, to be honest keep it simple and you will do well, no need to go all out and buy a new team cos you got promoted the players you had were good enough to get promoted just replace the weakest ones.

these are the matches ive played so far so ya know its not the bottom teams played only :D

View attachment 147143

Last edited: