hugsy

Reaction score
Hi there, i think i have way too many players in my team, how many players per position do you guys usually have? and in all squad?

thx

2 players per position minimum, with 2 or 3 squad players that can play a variety of positions. And that's your 25-man squad. Then you have some youngsters that you can play in cup games and 15-20 minutes at the end of games that you're comfortably winning.

Cheers mate.

that's what i always do for my [4-1-2-2-1] tactic: 3GK(1 of them usually a wonderkid) , 3DR , 3DL , 4DC , 2DM , 4MC , 2AMR , 2AML , 2ST. amr,aml and your midfield change depending on the tactic you're using.

Depends on your team. If you're one of the English "big four" you'll have 38 league games, two domestic cups, and one European Cup and in a successful season you'll have at least 10-15 games more than an average Portuguese team, for example. I like to work with small squads and have players who can play at least 2 positions so if I have 4 fullbacks they'll usually be able to play on both sides and one or two of them will be trained as a winger, too. Same goes for other player positions. Should everybody get injured at the worst time I'll usually use some of my younger talent or if the game I'm about to play is crucial I'll sometimes recall one of my players from loan.

Sorry to go off topic here, but is it still possible to talk about the big four? Isn't it more a big six? The traditional big four were Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool, but with City winning the league and spending crazy money (like Chelsea did), and Spurs competing for a CL spot, isn't the "big four" expression a bit out-dated?

Depends what formation I play and how many competitions im competing in, for example at the moment i'm in my second season with Southamtpon competing in the league, both domestic cups and the champions league, so ideally i need a squad of 22 players, so as most people i presume will have atleast 2 players for each positions, i have 4 strikers, 2 am's, 6 cm's, 4 full-backs and 4 cb's, only position im not fussed about is GK as i just use the same one every game.

Well, yeah. It's hardly the big four anymore. What I meant is if OP is in a team expected to compete on all fronts (league, FA Cup and CL). Right now the Prem is a mess, anyways. I have a nagging feeling that Southampton will be up in the mix in a couple of years, and I mean challenging for the title. They have a smart board, good financial backing and a fantastic youth setup.