How many seasons do you guys play on average?

My longest save is my Napoli where I'm in 2034 and shortest lasts around a season and I get bored

Depends on your age date of birth you put in before it retires you.

I dont think it works that way, manager age just freezes at 100 and you can play as long as you want. Not that anyone has actually done that, lol.

I usually play for 1-2 seasons. My longest save overall was 4.5 seasons with Real Sociedad on fm12. This year I have played 2.5 seasons with Villarreal, but now I will again try a new save

Normally around 4-5 years but I always win everything :p but I am trying to win everything(League, Champions League, Country Cup) in at least 6 nations. Already won League, Champions League, Country Cup in Croatia, with GNK Dinamo first seasonXD, then Bayer Leverkusen in Germany 2 years in a row now I am at Real Madrid.

Hey there, I just started my 20th Season with San Marino in Serie A! I haven't won the Champions League yet, so i guess i'll keep on trying till I manage!

7 years now in my save, just jumped to pescara from world best wigan.. Though i would probably play a new save, as for me, its more fun for me when playing with real life players instead of regens

I dont think it works that way, manager age just freezes at 100 and you can play as long as you want. Not that anyone has actually done that, lol.

So another useless feature. What's the point of entering your birthyear et, if it has no effect.

I usually play a save until i get bored or have won everything, even then i may change teams on the same save. Sometimes what does it for me is when I do some bad signings and I feel the team is ruined - has happened a couple of times, that then puts me off playing that save. Longest save i've done is 2114 in FM12, Real Madrid got relegated and Solihull Moors were in the premiership.

What I tend to do when I get bored with my main save (Plymouth in '12, Villa in '13) is to add a second manager; currently also managing HSV who I took over two seasons ago on the edge of relegation. Adds a bit of spice.

I always try to stay away from using facepacks and downloaded skins until I have reached my goals in the save( 5-10 seasons in) Then, I implement them and enjoy the save again, get tired of it, change skin again etc etc.

longest one i had, 5th season at FM12 on fc united challenge. current save, FM13 with wigan 3rd season. what i did mostly: pick a team, made ton of transfers, play 3-4 league matches then lost my mood, i only love the transfer part XD

Last edited:
I generally stick with one save per FM edition. I will start the game with some random team to learn what's new with the recent release. Then I will restart with a team and stick with it until the next FM comes out. I do not always stay at the original starting club. Finishing my 10th season in FM13. My first time in the English leagues. In FM14 I am going for English Hero so I will have to play the game faster, or more, to accomplish this before FM15 comes out.

In 2103 now, by far my longest ever game. Previous was 2040-something on FM08

I did five seasons with Celtic and won the Champions League
In season 5 with Liverpool, might stop when I have won everything

Currently in the 2032 - 2033 with Walsall, Started off the first season with bolton, got sacked half way through the 1st season, Then took the walsall job where i have won everything possible.

My aim now is to just bring young talent through my youth system, Currently Number 1 club in the world. Still not the richest yet though! :( When i start to get bored, I take a break from fm, I come back and i love it again!

Currently in 2028 with Doncaster. Started off with them in 2013 (after I had started without a job --> tried to make it as realistic as I could, meaning I said I had no professional football experience). In hindsight I should have started with a BSN team or something... Haha

I find it funny when people start a save with Arsenal or Manchester... Not realistic at all...

My contract runs up at the end of 2028/2029 season. I am prepared to jump ship and see what offers come my way unless the board build me a new stadium. Not looking likely by the way.

Got a save in 2024 only being national manager of France,
and another save in 2019 at PSG (2012-2016 at Ajax)