How many seasons do you like to holiday before a new game?

How many years do you fast-fwd??

Votes: 28 77.8%

Votes: 3 8.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.8%

• 11-15

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • 16-20

• 21-30

• 31+

• Total voters

barcelonic

Reaction score
I myself prefer to start my career a decade or so ahead of the real date so there's plenty of regens, and players becoming staff. I thought i'd post this to see what others enjoy doing with theirs.If you don't do this at all or if you download a shard save online then that's OK just put 0, or the number of years you'd ideally like, respectively. You can also post which leagues you like to use/bring in and when. Thanks :)

0 years. I enjoy playing with the older generation of real players and I like the turnover period between real players and regens too.
I must admit though, the game is more interesting when all of the real players have retired. Some of the regens are epic.

I do different ones. I usually either just go from the start, but if I am starting with a relegation struggler I start mid-season. Although recently I tried to start one 8 years in but my laptop took too long :S

So not really sure what I should put haha :)

I do different ones. I usually either just go from the start, but if I am starting with a relegation struggler I start mid-season. Although recently I tried to start one 8 years in but my laptop took too long :S

So not really sure what I should put haha :)
I guess just put what you'd most likely download were there a choice of all possibilities, so if your PC can't handle it then don't put it too high. Like I'd love to play in 3204 or something but even my machine won't do that lol, unless im reaaaaly patient haha. Which i'm not :¬ ;)

Isn't there an option to start without real players, which gets rid of the need to holiday until everyone is a regen?

I guess just put what you'd most likely download were there a choice of all possibilities, so if your PC can't handle it then don't put it too high. Like I'd love to play in 3204 or something but even my machine won't do that lol, unless im reaaaaly patient haha. Which i'm not :¬ ;)

I meant it would take ages to holiday, I could download them haha. But you said to put 0 if you would download them ?

I haven't actually done it yet but the next time I start a save I think I might holiday 3-5 years. If you play a lower league side from outside England your reserves are always filled with absolute dross that in real life would probably have got a kind word in the ear that football is not for them by age 13 (e.g. centre halves that can't tackle), let alone get a professional contract. It takes several seasons to get to the point you have any decent youth to start bringing into the first team.

When I tried to play a third division Brazilian side, part of the problem was that it started with no reserves or youth team at all. This is a big problem in Brazil because you really need young players to get through the state championships, otherwise your first team has played ~20 games before the league even starts. I did get some regens with good potential but I'd got frustrated with the save before they got old enough to play - it would have been better if I'd started five years in.

Isn't there an option to start without real players, which gets rid of the need to holiday until everyone is a regen?

I think most people like having real names in the game as well as regens - it can be quite funny how their careers play out.

@marabak Indeed, but tis not quite the same. I still like having real players ageing on and becoming staff so I tend to do about 10 seasons. @Scotty - put the number you'd prefer, not 0. Use zero only if you prefer to start from real start date 12/13 PS. Anyone know why my ENTER key isn't working on this forum - ???

I find it somehow very funny that although I've played CM/FM for more than a decade, I can't remember ever holidaying at the start of a game. Guess I'll have to try it now.

always from the first season and usually the 1st day!

Only time I can remember holidaying was my recent QPR save where I joined on the 19th November after they had lost 9 in 10 (as in real life which was what I was hoping)

If you load up one of the league that have a standart calendar (January to December, E.g. Brazil) then you can start either 6 months before the usual game start date or 6 months after it!

if I run a game with 8-10 leagues from 4-5 nations and holiday the save overnight while i'm sleeping - it does about 3 years on my machine. So if I did this a few nights before a new game I figure its totally worth doing cus think how long we typically spend on any one game anyways lol :)

I usually start by loading in South Korea and starting in the February ahead of the start of the season and then holidaying a few weeks so I can start mid-season