gford

Reaction score
now in some places i read u should have 2-3 tactics and in others ive read u should have 1 tactic but have 2-3 ways of playing it..im confused and would like to know what is the best method?..im playing as wolves and am using an attacking 442 (basically 424) 2 strikers 2 cms (1 DLP defend) and the other (advanced pm support) i have to wingers which are set to winger attack...i find it a decent tactic,but against the big boys it fails as it leaves me vunerable at back...i have changed it to a flat 442 with wingers back to support,but i still concede a fair few goals home or away...could someone please steer me in the right direction...many thanks

now in some places i read u should have 2-3 tactics and in others ive read u should have 1 tactic but have 2-3 ways of playing it..im confused and would like to know what is the best method?..im playing as wolves and am using an attacking 442 (basically 424) 2 strikers 2 cms (1 DLP defend) and the other (advanced pm support) i have to wingers which are set to winger attack...i find it a decent tactic,but against the big boys it fails as it leaves me vunerable at back...i have changed it to a flat 442 with wingers back to support,but i still concede a fair few goals home or away...could someone please steer me in the right direction...many thanks

If you are good at reading the game, then having a backup tactic to switch to or just making shouts is a really good idea. If you are able to make the call pregame as if you should be more attacking, more cautious, stretch the opponent or flood the midfiled, then having 3 tactics adds that something extra to your team.

If you on the other hand dont know how, why and when to play that formation, push up the team, drop deep or overload, then staying with one approach will get you better result

I always use two different tactics !!!
"Different" means not only by name but two different modules ... for example you say you're using a 4-4-2, well you need an alternative one such as a 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 and so on ...

The need to have different tactics is due to the fact that the AI, after a while, "learn" your way of playing and "know" how to use countermeasures ... if you use an alternative tactic every 7/10 games the AI "reset" is knowledge !!!

This is not documented in any manual, but it has been "tested" by a lot of FM players !!!

shouts is something i need to get used to as i hardly ever use them,ive had a look at them but dont really know what im looking for so each works with with each other....i do change my tactic during and before game so in some games im defensive other counter,or if im chasing game last 20 mins then overload.so i have to use different tactics 7/10 games?or i can use current tactice 7 times outta 10? thanks for feedback much appreciated.

I always use two different tactics !!!
"Different" means not only by name but two different modules ... for example you say you're using a 4-4-2, well you need an alternative one such as a 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 and so on ...

The need to have different tactics is due to the fact that the AI, after a while, "learn" your way of playing and "know" how to use countermeasures ... if you use an alternative tactic every 7/10 games the AI "reset" is knowledge !!!

This is not documented in any manual, but it has been "tested" by a lot of FM players !!!

Not true at all. The AI does not know the difference between a human controlled team and a CPU. How come this only, only happens to the human ? The AI reacts to reputation, pitch size, weather, dangermen. They dont learn your tactics. Those users claiming to have tested this are those that dont understand why things go bad or wrong, why their approach work etc.

I am sorry to sound harsh, but you are not helping the user here.

I am sorry to sound harsh, but you are not helping the user here.

I've just posted my experience ...
Managing my team this way I've "surprised" a lot of teams in my Hammers career ... won 4-0 at the Old Trafford when no one is betting on us !!!

I've just posted my experience ...
Managing my team this way I've "surprised" a lot of teams in my Hammers career ... won 4-0 at the Old Trafford when no one is betting on us !!!

Yes, but you claimed it as a fact, a tested fact. If this was to be true, then SI would have implemented this in a small percentage of the copys to make the game worse for some of the users... and then lie about it. I have also won some games away to bigger teams. IN fact, I just beat Chelsea at the bridge in the FA Cup 4-0 with Leicester and believe me, it had nothing to do with me changing to a different tactic because the AI had learned my tactic, me reseting their knowledge. NO, it was because they could not cope with my matchplan.

If it was to be true, then it would have to happen to the AI as well, like this
Every team would then have to change their tactic every single game to counter opponents tactic they knew about. But then again, the opponent would also have been changing tactics every single game to counter theri opponents tactic that they had learned so how could any team ever learn anyones tactics, meaning that they dont change tactics every game since they dont know the opponents tactic, menaing that they will change...loop...loop... Its just doesn not happen :D

Like I wrote, I dont mean to have a go at you, its just that I cant leave this without a comment.( but thats just me ;d )

Last edited:
Yes, but you claimed it as a fact, a tested fact.

Because it's a fact, a tested fact !!!
With hundreds of users around the world we've tested this assumption ... and it works !!!
When in pre match press conference they asks you "The <name of opponent> think to know how do you play ...", we've always used the alternative tactic and won the 93% of matches (on a total of about 200 cases) ...
I'm not talkin' of just one luckily one, that at Old Trafford was just an example (the greatest one) ...

It's a coincidence !?!? May be ... I haven't studied as well as you the AI engine, but it works and for me is enough !!! :)

I currently use one for the league, one for Europe (slower tempo; probably more ideological than pragmatic apart from the climate issue) and a reactive tactic which I adjust to counter bigger opponents.

I agree that the AI doesn't 'learn' your style, it's more the case that your team's reputation changes and teams park the bus against you.

Because it's a fact, a tested fact !!!
With hundreds of users around the world we've tested this assumption ... and it works !!!
When in pre match press conference they asks you "The <name of opponent> think to know how do you play ...", we've always used the alternative tactic and won the 93% of matches (on a total of about 200 cases) ...
I'm not talkin' of just one luckily one, that at Old Trafford was just an example (the greatest one) ...

It's a coincidence !?!? May be ... I haven't studied as well as you the AI engine, but it works and for me is enough !!! :)

no, just no