Hernanes

Reaction score
I often play with Barça and I've never managed to make that Messi scores a lot of goals like in reality. I used a few the tactics which are shown on this site, but Messi didn't really scores. He usually scores around 14-20 goals in a whole season. All the other goals come from Villa. I usually play Messi as a AMR inside forward/attacking. Should I play him as centre Forward or use other instructions so that he can score more goals?

thx

Try make him deep lying striker or change positions during game with the striker. Or sumthing like that. :D Maybe this helps u

He seems to score if you use the "swap positions" tactic. I'm not sure how useful that is though if you don't have another striker to swap with who can be effective at AMR. You might end up getting more out of Messi but significantly less from your striker.

Play him as an ST - Trequartista - Attack, with Villa in AML - Inside Forward.

He seems to score if you use the "swap positions" tactic. I'm not sure how useful that is though if you don't have another striker to swap with who can be effective at AMR. You might end up getting more out of Messi but significantly less from your striker.
If he'd use him as an inside forward on the left he could swap positions with Villa without making Villa completely useless.

If he'd use him as an inside forward on the left he could swap positions with Villa without making Villa completely useless.

Does Messi work well as an inside forward on the left, though? Wouldn't his left-footedness make his cuts inside less effective? (I'm legitimately asking because I don't know).

Here try my tactic
I play Messi as an AMR inside forward and he scores many goals, not as many as in real life
but still manges to score about 30 goals a season