How much are you biased toward local player?

I normally average around the 60% mark.

I am managing Freiburg at the moment and its sitting on around 50%

Mine is 80%. Hard to be anything lower when managing Walsall. I expect it'll go down now that I am with Notts County who have alot more money to spend, so I can look abroad.

In Germany there tend to be quite a few German players that are in the first team, unlike England. Take Dortmund for example, in most games, at least 5 of the starting 11 are German.

That's because its a less prestigious league and relies heavily on home grown talent - not a bad thing of course - but if it were nearer to the standard of the premier league or la liga, it would attract more foreign players, thus clubs would sign more.

That's because its a less prestigious league and relies heavily on home grown talent - not a bad thing of course - but if it were nearer to the standard of the premier league or la liga, it would attract more foreign players, thus clubs would sign more.
While the very first statement may be true, the Bundesliga is just after those two in my opinion. But I disagree with the rest. German clubs don't need to buy as many players as the Premiership clubs because they are bringing through their own local talent - and actually giving them a go (look at Götze this season for example). There are still quite a few foreign players in the Budesliga, I believe the total is about 45% of the first teams are foreign players (don't quote me on that). It is not like Bundesliga clubs don't have the money either. Prize money is higher in the Bundesliga than the EPL, and the crowds are bigger on average in the Bundesliga as well, for starters. The EPL and FA could really learn something from Germany IMO. The Bundesliga is the reason the German national team has such depth.

In future don't make such sweeping statements ;)

Last edited:
it wasn't really a sweeping statement seeing as you agreed the bundesliga is less prestigious. Plus i'd say it is behind serie A as well. I'm not having a go at german football - the world cup shows we are far behind in the talent stakes! I like Dortmund, always a fan of teams with loads of youngsters, but no other bundesliga team excites me

it wasn't really a sweeping statement seeing as you agreed the bundesliga is less prestigious. Plus i'd say it is behind serie A as well. I'm not having a go at german football - the world cup shows we are far behind in the talent stakes! I like Dortmund, always a fan of teams with loads of youngsters, but no other bundesliga team excites me

You're not making much sense - lots of ****** leagues have foreign players - I'd even dare say a majority of foreign players - while the bundesliga doesn't actually need those many foreigners. It's a top 4 - top 5 league on a world scale, I seriously doubt it's 'unattractive' to players.

97%. I brought in some foreign youngsters and majority chose England as their nationality :D

Uefa doesnt seem to think serie a is higher than the bundesliga - supposedly theyre losing a champs league place to them

This is the one stat that almost always decreases for me - I never normally prefer English players in England, but I do look more for English-speaking players to reduce settling times.