mnk26

Reaction score
Hi, in my game (2nd year Arsenal) united are doing very poorly and most of the top players want to leave and have been transfer listed. I have been praising Rooney in the media and he really wants to join and has been trying to impress me in games etc... but even transfer listed he still has a really high price, and he is 28. I am most likely going to get him but it will probably be all of my budget (since his salary is so high too). I have never played with him but he always has scored against me, I noticed his stats are ever so slightly reduced from previous FM's. Is he still worth spending a lot of money for a player with only a few prime years left?

id pay no more than 15m because at 28 his sell-on value will only stay intact until early 30s

I signed him for 1.5m for everton in 2nd or 3rd season

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

he's worth till about 30m.. he'll score goals almost every match.. he's 33 in my game now n still looks as he he's only 28..

hes a world class ST anything uner £25-30M is a bargain

Thanks for the replies. The season isn't quite over yet but according to my current scouting reports I will have to pay at least 40-45 mil for him(they are probably charging me more because we are rivals), more than you all suggested. They also have Gotze who is unhappy I will consider him as well.
But I probably am going to get Rooney even if I over pay a bit. I have always disliked United and to see the current face of their franchise go to a rival like that in real life would be amazing

But I probably am going to get Rooney even if I over pay a bit. I have always disliked United and to see the current face of their franchise go to a rival like that in real life would be amazing

Something abit like RVP to United then? ;) haha

No offense but I don't agree, he's very overrated ingame.

Too late anyway, I already bought Rooney. I'm going to use him as an AMC usually, and I wouldn't have bought Welbeck, he is fairly similar to Walcott, who I just sold after he got injured 5 times last season. I prefer to get technically skilled players over players whose pace is their strongest point.

I just got him for spurs in January 2015.I paid 9 mill as he only had 6months left on his contract.I couldn't obviously offer him a contract so paid 9 for him.he's perfect to rotate with lewandowski as a dlf

Of course. But then again almost everyone is overrated in this game. Cisse with 20 finishing? I like him but c'mon.

If Cisse hadn't been given 20 finishing, when the game came out everyone would of complained... Obviously performances this season show he no longer deserves that haha :)

If Cisse hadn't been given 20 finishing, when the game came out everyone would of complained... Obviously performances this season show he no longer deserves that haha :)
I would still argue that a 20 finishing should only be given to someone with a PROVEN track record. The likes of Shearer, Rush, Ronaldo, Romario, etc, not to someone who's just happened to be on a hot streak.

Anyways, I stick to my suggestion. Get Welbeck instead. He'll end up better than Rooney, in game anyways.