How much money does a club need to become professional

AM95

Reaction score
I'm managing my local team after editing them into the game in place of east stirlingshire in SFL3 , despite not really being able to attract players as good as teams in my league i managed to get promoted via the play offs into the division 2 then after two seasons i'm in division 1. Although i cant seem to recruit players on loan from the SPL as they want there players to play at a higher standerd , but there willing to loan them to other clubs in the league wtf?

And as the title says i was wandering how much money i'd need to become a professional club as i'm semi pro atm and i hovered my mouse over the greyed out option and it said i didnt have the funds.

Scottish teams rarely make enough money to go professional on their own, I spent 4 years in division 1 after being promoted in successive seasons from division 3. Even though i was making a good profit each year they never wanted to go pro until I was finally promoted to the SPL. And the reason they gave in game was that, since we're in an a pro league we gota be professional too. I think its something along the lines of can you handle, at the least, a doubling of wages across the board.

It’s been a well over a year since I guided East Stirling to the dizzy heights of the SPL on FM12 but back then I only turned professional when I was promoted to the SPL. I think it’s down to the clubs reputation unless the league rules specify that only professional sides may compete, then you are forced to upgrade.

Change your agent filters to unattached players and look for decent freebies that way. Most change their minds about joining you a few weeks into August and when they are a bit more desperate for a club. I managed to sign a load of French young guns released from the top clubs in France that were more than good enough for the SPL.