How much older does a tutor have to be?

wele

Reaction score
I know a tutor needs to be at least a little older than the tutee. Simply being 24+ against the tutee's 23- is not enough. I learned this first-hand when I tried to tutor a 23-yr old player with a 25-yr old player and was denied. However, the site where I confirmed this didn't say how big the age gap needs to be.

I've got a player turning 24 next month, but I want to confirm my tutoring list right away, so I need to know if he'll be able to tutor a 21-yr old player.

Can anybody help me out with the precise info?

In my experience a player can start tutoring other players as soon as he turns 25.

The age of the person being tutored is immaterial so long as he is of tutorable age.

I've got a 25 y/o striker tutoring a 22 y/o striker at the moment.

They can begin to tutor once they hit 24 (I believe) and they can tutor any player below 23 as long as their squad role isn't too high (ie a 24 y/o backup couldn't tutor a 19 y/o key player (I think))

In regards to tutoring ensure that their personality suits and they don't clash (looking for Model Professionals or Ambitious) and when tutoring use the top option to try tutor preferred moves and the second option for personality

I'm telling you guys, you can't tutor a 23-year old player with a 24-year old player. Try it. Doesn't matter that the cut-off is the 24th birthday. There is a minimum age difference requirement which is what the topic is about. I know all the common tutoring requirements (rep, squad status, position etc.), but every site that lists this stuff overlooks the age difference requirement or doesn't specify the exact difference that is needed.