Minstrels

Reaction score
Buying a new laptop for University where I'll be doing graphic design so I'll need to be able to run PS and Illustrator, I'll also want to be running FM comfortably. I'm thinking it's a toss up between 6GB and 8GB?

Either is more than enough. Just make sure you have a 64 Bit operating system to make use of more than 4GB of RAM.

And a good graphic card if you are working in design

Either is more than enough. Just make sure you have a 64 Bit operating system to make use of more than 4GB of RAM.
Thanks.
And a good graphic card if you are working in design
I noticed on PC World it has three options; shared memory, dedicated memory or dual graphics. Which is best and what's the difference?

All that matters is your computer isn't running 32bit Windows.

I would say that a good processor and graphics card is much more important than how much ram you've got. Tbh, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 4, 6 or 8GB really, you will probably never reach the limit.

Shared means you share it with ram, dedicated is a normal graphics card like in a pc, dual graphics cards are probably two separate graphics card, I understand these things more-less well, in any way they're either two normal graphics cards or one normal and one with shared memory... You should go for dual graphics if you're going to use it for graphics designing...

Thanks.

I noticed on PC World it has three options; shared memory, dedicated memory or dual graphics. Which is best and what's the difference?

Don't chose the shared Memory and you should be fine but search the name of the graphic on google and try to find more info about it