Seano

Reaction score
What type of bid would accept for this newgen?
I just sold him and i'm not too sure if i got enough or gave him away to easily, i'm not great at valuations.
Bayern put in an initial big of 18million in total, i bumped that up to 24 million up front and another 10 million in monthly installments and they accepted straight away. Because they didnt and negotiate i figured i got robbed.
How much would have sold for?

If he was performing in the league you could probably have got 50-70m

i think you definitely got robbed. agree with meguel, you could have gotten at least 50m

Well at least i have some sort idea of the prices i should be looking for.

Do you have any sort of rule of thumb you go for when pricing players you're selling?

Do you have any sort of rule of thumb you go for when pricing players you're selling?

i dont sell my players unless its for twice their current value.
other occasions i do sell them are:
a) they are unhappy at the club
b)want to move to a bigger club
c)aging and in decline

i dont sell my players unless its for twice their current value.
other occasions i do sell them are:
a) they are unhappy at the club
b)want to move to a bigger club
c)aging and in decline
Asking twice the value,h ow often does this succeed for you?
Reason i'm asking is that i was Bournemouth when i sold this player and my finances were a bit bleak after starting development for the new season, i didn't necessarily need to sell the player but it helped the finances and i had players in the first team who could step up.

Dont let the buying club set the price. You set the price. Go as high as you can but not to high that it will scare them off, then lower the demands bit by bit until they accept. Or if you wanna see the maximum they want to pay then save,reload,save and reload until you reach the max they want to pay. Kinda cheating but meh.

Asking twice the value,h ow often does this succeed for you?
Reason i'm asking is that i was Bournemouth when i sold this player and my finances were a bit bleak after starting development for the new season, i didn't necessarily need to sell the player but it helped the finances and i had players in the first team who could step up.

for key players, meaning players that would start 90% of the games, i do AT LEAST, twice the value. it works most of the time if the player is playing well and on good form.

I usually try to get a precentage of the next sale / profit aswel included in the deal. Even if the buying club isn't likely to sell the player, your board might negotiate with the club and let them sell the clause, bringing in a few extra mil.

Anyway, how much was this striker of yours valued when he was still at your club? Assuming he got a much better contract at Bayern, his value has gone higher that your selling price. By the looks of things though, you should have gotten way more. Especially when you don't have the need to sell.

I usually try to get a precentage of the next sale / profit aswel included in the deal. Even if the buying club isn't likely to sell the player, your board might negotiate with the club and let them sell the clause, bringing in a few extra mil.

Anyway, how much was this striker of yours valued when he was still at your club? Assuming he got a much better contract at Bayern, his value has gone higher that your selling price. By the looks of things though, you should have gotten way more. Especially when you don't have the need to sell.

He was valued just under 15million when i sold him.

Whenever i sell a young player or a player who isn't working out in my side but know or believe will go on to do well i always try and whack a 50% of next sale in there as well. For example i had Bernardo Silva who i payed £11.25 million for from Chelsea he never really fitted in my side so 1 year later i sold him to Bayern for £32 million with 50% of next sale. 2 years later he went Real Madrid for £49.5 million so i got another £24.25 million. And just now another season on i got another £5.5 million cause Madrid had to pay Bayern a further £11 million once he played a set amount of international appearances. So to date i have got £61.75 million for a player who i wasn't really using. So always good to whack this in when selling any player. i've done it with a few players but Bernardo Silva has been my most successful. Had one with Frimino but that was 30% percentage of profit i sold him for £29 million but he's 30 now and will never sell for much over that so i had the chance to cash in now and took £6.5 million