How Much your team has Changed in 10years!!

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 3K
haha only because he didn't buy Spurs. but yer your right mate although i would proberly have Zola and Desailly in the Chelsea side today.
and poyet - he was quality

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Think so xD Only main problem with that Celtic team was the manager; John... *******... Barnes >___<

u should be greatful dalglish and barnes were so toss cos then you got o'neill

2000 ish

GK Barthez/Ricardo
DR G.Neville/Brown
DL Irwin/P.Neville
DC Stam/May/Silvestre
DC Johnsen/Berg
MR Beckham/Chadwick
ML Giggs/Fortune
MC Keane/****
MC Scholes/
ST Cole/Solkjaer
St Yorke/Sheringham

christ; i was only 4 or 5 but i've seen all the vids of this team they were amazing! giggs, scholes & beckham still are mind :P

christ; i was only 4 or 5 but i've seen all the vids of this team they were amazing! giggs, scholes & beckham still are mind :P

United won the premier league when i was just 11 in 93 - the team was amazing then and got steadily better when scholes beckham etc established themselves. at the time i didn't appreciate how good the team was cos i'd never seen a poor united side but they were incredible, goals coming from almost every player.

Giggs, Scholes and Beckham are good now but ten years ago they were arguably the best players in their positions in europe - stick Keane in the mix and you've got an incredible midfield that we could only dream of now - the team should've won more in europe imo

1999?

Can barely remember it, I was only 6. We were in Division 3, and I remember a certain wonderkid called M Paul, thats it really

rangers 2000 :P

stefan klos

bert konterman, lorenzo amoruso,fernando ricksen, giovanni van bronkhorst,

Tugay, jorg albertz , barry ferguson, ronald de boer

Micheal mols , tore andre flo

What a fecking team we had back then full of superstars. thats not including the likes of reyna etc or negri!!

negri the legend - 30 games,32 goals <3

Friedel/westerveld
Henchoz <333
Song...
Hyypia <333
Traore...
Smicer
Redknapp
Berger <333
Hamann<333
Carragher<333
Gerrard <333
Murphy <333
Heskey
Fowler <333
Owen (Judas)
They're the ones I can remember, considering I was like 5 at the time, that's prettygood

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

stefan klos

What a fecking team we had back then full of superstars. thats not including the likes of reyna etc or negri!!

Very good team, there. Tugay is ***, Van Bronchorst is ***, Flo is...alright;)

United won the premier league when i was just 11 in 93 - the team was amazing then and got steadily better when scholes beckham etc established themselves. at the time i didn't appreciate how good the team was cos i'd never seen a poor united side but they were incredible, goals coming from almost every player.

Giggs, Scholes and Beckham are good now but ten years ago they were arguably the best players in their positions in europe - stick Keane in the mix and you've got an incredible midfield that we could only dream of now - the team should've won more in europe imo

i don't know why but i never liked keane, i admired his skill with a football just never liked him; there was something about him, well giggs is as much as other teams hate to admit it one of the best players ever; ferguson has said it, cantona has said it so has beckham
one of the best players is welsh so thats a win:P

'Should bring up interesting conversations' he says... Doubt anyone else has an opinion on the mighty Kingstonian...

1999/2000 Squad

GK
Steve Farrelly
Richard Hurst

D
Colin Luckett
Mark Harris
Simon Stewart
Luke Basford

M
Geoff Pitcher
Gary Patterson
Phil Wingfield
Junior Kadi
Eddie Akuamoah
Gary Drewett

F
David Leworthy
Ronnie Green
Amara Simba

That's all I can remember from our 1999-2000 team. We won the FA Trophy that year at Wembley beating Kettering Town 3:2.

Amara Simba was a French full international (scored at Wembley against England circa 1991). Simba scored twice in the FA Trophy final.

Geof Pitcher moved on at the end of the season to Brighton & Hove Albion, he returned to Kingstonian towards the end of the 2006/07 season (I think it was that season) but left at the end of the season.

David Leworthy, aka non league LEGEND, retired at the end of the season & later took up a managerial role at Havant & Waterlooville.

The side was managed by Geof Chapple, another non league legend (mainly in Surrey for Woking & Kingstonian).

stefan klos

i remember michael mols being mint at the start of one season scoring something like 12 in 9 and then broke his leg and was never the same player again - shame

10 years ago we had just got promoted via Playoffs and were about to come 5th in the Premier League :)

Goalkeepers -
1. Richard Wright
13. Mick Salmon
21. Keith Branagan
26. James Pullen
Defenders -
2. Fabian Wilnis
3. Jamie Clapham
4. John Mcgreal
5. Tony Mowbray
6. Mark Venus
15. John Scales