How often do you 'Admire' a transfer target?

Scotty98TR

Reaction score
I'm managing Cardiff, and I'm currently top of the Championship over halfway through the 1st season in January, 10 points away from Blackburn in 2nd. I am extremely confident now of getting promoted, and I am already planning for my 1st season in the Prem.

I am interested in 3 players to sign at the start of the 2nd season (Will Hughes, Cresswell and Trippier), and although all 3 are already interested in joining me, I can't agree fee's with their clubs at the moment. So I am planning to wait until I get the Premier league money.

I want to try and become their preffered personel, so as to have a headstart in the likely race to sign them. But I am also wary of talking about them too much in the media, and having a negative impact...

So basically, how often do you generally wait between praising a player?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. on an unrelated note (Rather than starting a new thread), if I agree a fee for Cresswell to be completed at the end of the season, and I include an extra £1m if I get promoted. What happens if I get promoted this season, as Cresswell will join me after I have been promoted to the league?

P.P.S. similar to above, what if I give the player a 15% pay rise if I get promoted?

Last edited:
I usually don't bother admiring if they would be interested in transfer, but if they're not, then i practically wk them until they change their mind.

I usually don't bother admiring if they would be interested in transfer, but if they're not, then i practically wk them until they change their mind.

I don't either, but come August, I would think alot of clubs will be interested in Hughes (I can't afford him now), so I want to improve my chances of him picking me over anyone else.

Admire him maybe 2/3 times a season? Don't do it too much as it will end of having no or a negative effect.

In reference to your question about the promotion agreement, I think you will pay that if you go up this season.

Admire him maybe 2/3 times a season? Don't do it too much as it will end of having no or a negative effect.

In reference to your question about the promotion agreement, I think you will pay that if you go up this season.

Thanks, he ended up requesting to be listed, so I have just agreed to buy him for £4.7m without any clauses as opposed to £7.5m with the promotion clause :)

For the other 2 though, especially Hughes, do you think that I should only praise him once until the end of the season, or do you think because I am already in January I could praise him 2 or 3 times?

A handful of times per season, tops.

As for your other questions, I think you will have to pay the promotion fee if it's a part of the transfer deal. But when you sign a contract, it depends on when you sign it. If you sign it after you've been promoted, I believe the clause will remain in the contract but he won't receive the +15% wage until you've been promoted after he signed. In other words, for him to actually receive that +15%, you'd have to be relegated and then promoted again as you'd already be in the top division. That clause can be activated several times. So if you have a player on a 5 year contract and agree to a 15% wage raise on promotion, you can hypothetically have it activated three times if you get promoted first season, then relegated, then promoted, then relegated, then promoted again.

Thanks, he ended up requesting to be listed, so I have just agreed to buy him for £4.7m without any clauses as opposed to £7.5m with the promotion clause :)

For the other 2 though, especially Hughes, do you think that I should only praise him once until the end of the season, or do you think because I am already in January I could praise him 2 or 3 times?

I'd go with just the once mate.

A handful of times per season, tops.

As for your other questions, I think you will have to pay the promotion fee if it's a part of the transfer deal. But when you sign a contract, it depends on when you sign it. If you sign it after you've been promoted, I believe the clause will remain in the contract but he won't receive the +15% wage until you've been promoted after he signed. In other words, for him to actually receive that +15%, you'd have to be relegated and then promoted again as you'd already be in the top division. That clause can be activated several times. So if you have a player on a 5 year contract and agree to a 15% wage raise on promotion, you can hypothetically have it activated three times if you get promoted first season, then relegated, then promoted, then relegated, then promoted again.

I'd go with just the once mate.

Thanks for the help both of you :)

Thanks for the help both of you :)

Every 7 to 8 weeks. If the player is ambitious enough and I have higher rep, after a few times I endorse him. Got them to rage into transfer requests a few times :)

Every 7 to 8 weeks. If the player is ambitious enough and I have higher rep, after a few times I endorse him. Got them to rage into transfer requests a few times :)

Okay now I don't know how often to do it :S

To be honest, before I asked I thought it would be something along the lines of every month or something, but now I don't have a clue haha :S

I will test it by praising a few players I am not interested in and waiting 8 weeks to see if they complain I am repeating myself then :)

In case anyone else is ever interested:

I found out it must depend on the player, as I praised a few players at different levels of clubs, some higher, some similar and some lower. However I had a mixed response, some got annoyed when I praised them again after 8 weeks, some were happy about it :)