How often do you change jobs in a save?

appoxplayer

Reaction score
Whenever I start a save I always end up becoming attached to a certain club and never accept any other jobs except from national teams.

I find it too hard to give up on a project I started to move to another club.

Anyone else?

Whenever I start a save I always end up becoming attached to a certain club and never accept any other jobs except from national teams.

I find it too hard to give up on a project I started to move to another club.

Anyone else?

Same here mate. I always get attached to a wonderkid regen who comes through the club.

I'm usually the same but I'm doing a save currently where I just randomly resign and take over a new team.

Currently managed Newcastle, Man utd, Monaco and Dortmund

Still haven't won the CL and i'm in 2030 :(

It depends on what save I'm doing. Normally I like being at a club until I get sacked as I get really invested in the players and love buying young players and seeing them develop or bringing players through the youth academy. If I'm going to change clubs in a save I really have to put myself in that frame of mind and at the start if the save tell myself not to get attatched to players and that I'm going to be moving clubs :D

I rarely move clubs until I get so bored, then I entertain the possibility of one or two clubs I want. This year I've done 15 years as Lincoln, but I was making no progress because I was bored, so I resigned. Managed Chile at the same time, so did that for a year til the end of the World Cup, then took over England. 14 months after leaving Lincoln, I take on Napoli as my next role.

I rarely move clubs until I get so bored, then I entertain the possibility of one or two clubs I want. This year I've done 15 years as Lincoln, but I was making no progress because I was bored, so I resigned. Managed Chile at the same time, so did that for a year til the end of the World Cup, then took over England. 14 months after leaving Lincoln, I take on Napoli as my next role.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...stories/350065-theres-no-place-like-home.html

Worth a read guys!

I like to pick a small club and try to win everything with it and then I start a new save :p

I only have one save per FM version, so I progress as I would IRL. If a better opportunity (team/salary) comes along, I'll consider it and often go for it.

I only have one save per FM version, so I progress as I would IRL. If a better opportunity (team/salary) comes along, I'll consider it and often go for it.

You are such a free spirit.

Is this why you talk big game about tactics tho?
The game gets stupidly easy after 2020.

I recently had a save where I started as Leicester then after 3 years left to join another club that I currently can't remember then left again after 3 years to join Chelsea where I had Zivkovic who scored 60+ goals in a season. A little like Mourinho if you will

Currently on a save at the moment in 2026.

Started off with Blackpool and was their for 2 and a half years. I then went off to PSV where I managed them for 5 and a half years. From there I went to Bayer Leverkusen where I spent just over 18 months managing them, before finally ending up at Real Madrid where I have now been there for just over 18 months.

Great save, and really loving it at the moment. Once I become bored of managing Real Madrid (still need to win the Champions League) I will try head over to France and manage PSG or Monaco. I'll look to conquer as many leagues in Europe as I can before I head off to somewhere like the USA or China.

I like to stick with one club and bring world glory to it :p

I don't enjoy to manage one club for long time. I got bored usually fast in same club not sure why... it's about 4 years at max usually I'm like Mourinho after 3 seasons is normally time when I change the club.

Until they drag me out the club door kicking and screaming, wasn't MY fault thought i'm AMAZING,

The FA have it in for me, and i slept with a couple of refs wives, so of course they screwed me in big games. Oh and i punched my captain, but he was being a moany **** about having to train in the rain.

Never, I tend to start with one save then if I get accepted for another job I want I continue you it on a separate save :)

By the time a new FM comes out I have 5-6 different saves all starting off the same save.

As long as I'm not fired, which is about 3 to 5 months

When I start the game, I've already decided whether I'll manager one team for ten years or I'll move around. I take different approach with long term plan and short term plan. I found it more fun to move every 3 seasons or so, with job interviews, even interviews when you are without a job, and the excitement of new challenges.

I start at the bottom (vanarama north/south) then, in the long run, try to get a job at either Derby or Palermo by promotion or job jumping, this save i was leamington, now maccelsfield in the championship, want to move jobs because of small ground and low gates despite 3 consecutive promotions