How Often Do You Hear "Problems With The Right/Left Back Area" At Your Club?

• Thread starter Thread starter Kylo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 8K

Kylo

MAAAATTT DAMMOONNNNNN
Reaction score
How Often Do You Hear "Problems With The Right/Left Back Area" At Your Club?

View attachment 17165

Fellow Managers,

There are many, many different problems faced with the Football Manager 2010 game. Some can be overcome, some are just too difficult.. But one we have all faced at some-point. Is trying to find a good wing-back. I've seen many threads and arguements over the issue. And decided to sum it up in one big discussion thread.

Almost every team starts with a problem area. Almost all i have noticed, need a wing-back. I have managed the likes of QPR, Notts County, Man City etc. All in need of genuin wing-backs. So, i've devised a thread that will help you.. Not only in clubs at the top level. But ranging from up from the low leagues...

I have scouted a whole heap of right backs with a large database and many nations and have found some great wing-backs that i would like to share with you.. Hopefully it will help you in-game to find a quality rwing-back for your club.

Okay, firstly is the larger clubs. Equivelent to Premier League, Ligue 1 etc. Heres some players, if your managing in this league, you should look into:

View attachment 17161

Diego Renan

5993M.jpg

Current Club: Cruzeiro
Description: A good player to sign straight away. He can cope with high level matches and will develop into a brilliant player over time. He isn't a large chunk on contract wages either, with him only taking in £2,500 a week at his current club.
Offer region that is likely to be accepted: 2M-12.5M

Sergio Ramos

ramos_PhilippeDesmazes.jpg

Current Club: Real Madrid
Description: One of the hardest players to get hold of, but he is by far one of the best right-backs in the game. He is worth the huge price tag. And it will be a huge struggle getting him away from Real Madrid as his Minimum Release Clause is 130M.
Offer region that is likely to be accepted: 35-130M

Maicon

maicon1-300x220.jpg

Current Club: Inter Milan
Description: In my opinion, the best right back in the game.. A huge offer will allow you to sign this player. But boy oh boy, is he worth it. His stats alone are a reason why he is on this list.
Offer region that is likely to be accepted: 60M-150M

Marcelo

marcelo1.jpg

Current Club: Real Madrid
Description: Another player that is hard to lure away, but not that hard.. With a good offer. He is still classed a wonderkid in some situations. He is also a very attacking wing-back. Great for the Premier League and BBVA. A worth-while first team signing.
Offer region that is likely to be accepted: 20-40M

Darijo Srna

NEWS_1223137343_srna.jpg

Current Club: Shakhtar
Description: A brilliant captain to obtain. He lacks in some stats but is still worthy to be an amazing wing-back for a high standard club.
Offer region that is likely to be accepted: 12.5-25M

Rafinha

1202651733-rafinha.9.jpg

Current Club: Schalke
Description: Certainly, in the top 5 right backs in the game. He's pretty cheap as well.. And will continue to grow better. A definate signing for a premier league club.
Offer region that is likely to be accepted: 10M-20M

Gareth Bale

NEWS_1222341276_GarethBale.jpg

Current Club: Tottenham
Description: Definatly a wonderkid. Already a first team starter, he can do wonders when he hits his peak at about 23/24. But his price raises quickly. So get him while he's valued around 5M.
Offer region that is likely to be accepted: 7.5M-25M

Davide Santon

02782e396314d61a9e40ac85837d5b38.jpg

Current Club: Inter Milan
Description: A hard wonderkid to lure away from his current club.. But will soon develop to be better than any player in this thread. A definate signing if you want a right back and have good resources. He can play fast, first team football as soon as he arrives with his already great stats.
Offer Region: 13.5-40M

Micah Richards

Micah_Richards_558642.jpg

Current Club: Manchester City
Description: An amazingly powerful and fast player. Prone to mistakes. But none the less. One of the best wonderkids in the game. He will be your best buy if your able to get him. Even though he is valued cheap. Manchester City won't let him go that easy...
Offer region that is likely to be accepted: 15M-40M

View attachment 17164

Pedro Botelho

v10p37f7.jpg

Current Club: Celta
Description: A good player from the start. Could take some good bidding to get him, but he will turn into a great player eventually.
Offer region that is likely to be accepted: 2M-6M

Cesar Azpilicueta

0,,1~6096161,00.jpg

Current Club: Osanuna
Description: By far the most expensive player in this section (Medium Standards) but he will become one of the best right-backs in the world in the next few years on the game. Keep an eye out and try and sign!
Offer region that is likely to be accepted: 2.5-10M

Joe Mattock

_44362076_joemattock_getty203.jpg

Current Club: West Brom
Description: A good player from the start. A great wonderkid. I brought him for 2.5M at the start of the first season for QPR. Which proves he will be willing to step down into a worse club for the right offer.
Offer region that is likely to be accepted: 1.5-4M

Thimothee Kolodzieczak

kolodzieczak-lens-lyon.jpg

Current Club: Lyon
Description: Part of the lower set of Lyon's wonderkids. He's cheap. And turns into a great player if you stick to him. Lyon will sell him to a championship side aswell.
Offer region that is likely to be accepted: 1M-2.5M

Loic Nestor

527333.jpg

Current Club: Havre AC
Description: Good stats from the start. Expensive, but will be a great buy if you can get him. He's at a small reputation team.. So offers will probably be accepted from a bigger club like a championship one.
Offer region that is likely to be accepted: 1.5M-5M

Jeremy Helan

Jeremy-Helan.jpg

Current Club: Manchester City
Description: Very young. Stats aren't convicing at the start. But he will be one to watch throughout the years. He can be brought very cheap. Man City have a habit of getting rid of their youth teams and reserve sqauds aswell.
Offer region that is likely to be accepted: 300k-2M

Tyrone Mears

tyronemears20090826united_275x155.jpg

Age 26 years old
Current Club: Burnley
Description: A brilliant wing-back for Burnley. Even though he is on the full-team. His value is very low. A good offer and maybe you could aqquire him.
Offer region that is likely to be accepted: 1M-4M

Nicky Shorey

Dirk_Kuyt_R_Nicky_Shorey_200611041315505001_afp.jpg

Current Club: Aston Villa
Description: A good player for Aston Villa. His stats don't say much. But he pretty much, never gets beat by the wingers in the premier league. He would work wonders in the championship.
Offer region that is likely to be accepted: Whatever price they want for him (He's usually for sale).. If not, wouldn't bid any higher than his value.

View attachment 17160

Scott Cuthbert

294x220.jpg

Current Club: Swindon
Description: A strong, decent full-back. A worth-while signing if your on a low budget. It is likely he will move away from Swindon.
Offer Region: 100k-500k

Ulises de la Cruz

Ulises-De-la-Cruz-Reading_957433.jpg

Current Club: LDU de Quito
Description: A fairly old, still decent player. Used to play at reading and is worth the money you are paying.
Offer Region: 400k-700k

Cory Gibbs

_41383355_gibbs203.jpg

Current Club: Colorado Rapids
Description: Fast, attacking and a good defensive player for the american side; Colorado. He would be a great signing for a lower team if you can bag him.
Offer Region: 250k-1M

Other Suggestions:

View attachment 17162

Jorge Soto

Elliot Omozusi

Danny Mills

Lauren

Abubakari Yakubu

Ze Maria

View attachment 17163

Armand Traore
Club: Arsenal

Ritchie De Laet
Club: Manchester United

Kieran Gibbs

Gavin Hoyte

Fabio

Rafael

-----

Thats all for now. I'm constantly updating this thread. All comments are very appreciated. If you can give me feedback and your views on these then i will get back to you as fast as i can in detail. :)
Also, any questions. Remember this is a discussion thread.. But make sure you do not stray off topic etc.
Forum rules apply.

Thanks for reading,
FourFourTwo.

Last edited:
nice guide, though i dont remember beevers and papadopoulos being wing/full backs as well

What do you think of Christian ansaldi?..can play left back or right back. His usually my first buy with a mid table team.can be bought for around 4 million and top teams usually come with bids the following season

Cheers for this, i remember on 09 me and my friend spent about 6 hours looking for decent fullbacks.

Information seems a tiny bit off in places, but otherwise some nice help for people.

Rafinha, Mikael Chretien (Nancy Lorraine, Jeremy Mathieu, Peter Masilela, Marco Motta, Davide Santon, Ansaldi, Barragan, Sebastian Boenisch, Marcell Jansen, Phillip Lahm, Daniel Schwaab, Damiano Ferronnetti, Maxwell, Royston Drenthe, Urby Emmanuelson, Fabian Monzon, Felipe <)

I signed Diego Renan for my Fulham team, had a pretty poor season to be honest..excepted a 17 million bid from Man City and got shot of him....

Joao Paulo is a solid left back for me. Turns into a wonderkid and has a wicked freekick

Rafinha & D Santon are all good standard RB's
Peter Masiela is also a good LB

Nice thread
Hopefully it wont get closed by moderators :@

Thimothee Kolodzieczak has been a good team player for me, cost only about 1.5 million and can be relied apon...

I love kieran Gibbs young lad at arsenal he's a great prospect!

Vladimir Weiss is a wing back? <) Good thread mate. I am sure a lot of people will find it helpful.

fantastic idea FourFourTwo. Can I recommend Bradley August for League 1 and League Two clubs. He is South African, so work permits may be an issue? Also, Cassani and Michel are fantastic as well

Vladimir Weiss is a wing back? <) Good thread mate. I am sure a lot of people will find it helpful.

Haha, Of course he is! XD
Nah.. There was a few mistakes with the pictures and people (yes, i admit i mistaked Vladamir Weiss as a wing-back).. So i've updated the whole thread with pictures and more players.

All player suggestions you guys put out WILL be added to the thread in the appropriate section.

i've just noticed in the new list.
Htf is Hersel Gibbs?

Cesar Azpilicueta, Osasuna. Replaced Sagna with him before the third season and I don't notice any difference. Sold Sagna for 26M bought him for 16M.

Back