SamO1026

Reaction score
I seem to hit it a ridiculously high amount, 5 to 6 times a game is actually quite common, seems totally unrealistic.

Last edited:
In my games, for both teams atleast 4 times.
Also, for some reason there are LOAAAAAAADS of offside goals?

At least 5 to 6 times per game and if it's not hitting the woodwork they narrowly miss. Meanwhile the opposition have one shot onn goal all match and it goes in as the defence has gone walkabout!

Yeah I've had alot of games were I've had 30 shots, 65% possession and then the opposition have like 3 shots and win 1-0, I know that can happen in real life but not as common as it does in the game

Not 5 or 6 times, but every match I have 1, 2, maybe 3. According to RTHerringbone from SI Forum, these are normal stats. Yes RTHerringbone, it is something we all see in every match :p Oh, it can be also due to attacking strategies! Sure, we all see teams playing attacking football, like Real Madrid, Bayern, Arsenal and so on, hitting the posts every match. :p Quite intelligent this guy.

How many goals have you conceded from corner on the near post?

I always get asked this question at least once PER MONTH "You saw your side hit woodwork inordinate number of times.". I like having players who can shoot from range (not mindlessly) and shots from range are destined to hit woodwork more often than back of the net.

Also, some crosses and shots which were supposed to miss the target also hit woodwork (ME).

On average about twice a game. It's not a big problem yet as I've gotten my strikers to score with my wingers.

Rarely. There's a match with 3 or more every now and then, but they're just a few. Around four or five per season.

I went back and counted: In the last 13 games, the woodwork was hit 6 times. I counted 5 times for my own team and once for the AI.

I am not sure how often it is but I do get asked the "you've seen your side hit the woodwork x amount of times" blah blah every 4/5 matches.

At least two times per game and usually its the winger who tries a cross and the ball goes in the upper bar with the comentator sayin " ..... almost got lycky with that !!"

I think FM tries to give an average of 1-2 woodwork per game...but instead, what happens instead is that every 3rd or 4th game, I hit the woodwork 3-5 times...

It's quite often, and like someone said before there's a lot of disallowed goals from offside.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk