How often do you see results like this?

bantons

Reaction score
My team is of course Celta de Vigo

For me personally this happens too often

UzDRm5d.jpg

Both seem typical games where the opposition are extremely defensive and you can't break them down.

Not surprising. Both teams are playing a similar formation and obviously had a game plan of absorbing pressure. You need to make slight changes to stretch these kind of games to open up space.

I hear what you are saying but still desagree a little if you look at the number of clear cut chances and half chances. the first game 5 clear cut and 3 half = 1 goal and the opponent has 1 half chance = 1 goal... Second game 6 clear cut chances 4 half chances = 0 goals.. I would say that they got broken down quite enough to make 2-3 goals at least.. My point is that my team really struggle to make chances into goals where opponent team just seem to score so easy :) Do you have any advice on how to convert those chances into goals? I have already trained most of the team to "Place Shots" which attribute is most important "finishing" or "composure" or are both equal important when players get those clear cut chances or half chances?

Were the chances actually good? The game can count CCCs where it really wasn't.

8G9Zw3L.png

VhDB0S5.png

BxZZZAo.png

AxxX3WH.png

This is my 3rd season so I have trained the players a long time ago to place shots. What I am now training them to do is to "Get foward whenever possible" "Get into opposition area" and "Play one-twos" as I want as many as possible in the box when the cross gets in. But I was thinking what Additional focus would be best "finishing" or "composure" to get a higher covertion on shots into goals

That still doesn't show that these chances were good?? Click on the dots and watch them back. Massively rushed? Taken with wrong foot? Surrounded by defenders trying to block it or put the striker off? Nervous players? Lacking confidence? Poor attributes? etc etc

So those are all good questions but still not answering my question :) will higher finishing or composure make your players score more goals? If yes which is more important? or is it not possible to say one is more important than the other?

It's far too simplistic a question, so I'll go with C. Not possible to say.

It's more worthwhile to set up better, which is why I asked the questions I did.

confidence is also a killer, if you play high tempo and you have a player who misses a couple chances, his heads going to go down it might be worthwhile making a sub. this is to add to the questions WJ has asked.

Players will score goals if the chances are good, composure and finishing are both important but it is more important to create high quality chances

I am not playing high tempo

Lets just not talk about CCC and half chances and just put them together as chances in one. 18 chances and 1 goal I would just really like to get more efficient infront of goal

q3e6K0M.png

That's half the tactic, but all that shows is that you get the ball forward incredibly slow. You'll need to have good movement up front to pull defenders enough, so that your strikers have enough space and time to get quality shots off.