How old do you let players get to before selling?

Zenzi Sage

Reaction score
I sold Ozil when he turned 32 to Barca, cautious of his declining physical stats and massive wages. Big mistake. He's still in the form of his life 2 seasons in. I know a player in his mould wouldn't have much of a need for physicality, but I just prefer having industrious muscle cars to bully the opponent. Right now, I would trade that for a player with his level of skill in a heartbeat, just for his position.

I still have Sanchez and he's still killing it. I intend to keep him until he's 36 at least, considering Ronaldo still banged in 22 goals at 37.

For me it depends whether i see if they'll still be an asset to the team, wages, fitness (amount of injuries per season) If he fails any of these i tend to sell from the age of 30/31.

all depends

all depends on the circumstances like im trying to offload bale even tho he is still scoring for fun due to a regen coming of age and needing a full season under his belt to take him to the next level and brought in sterling cheap to be bales replacement once bale is gone end of season

where as i brought a 36 y ear old modric even tho it was only for a season because he can fill in for pogba and still create just as much

same as bonucci he still has a place in my squad due to leadership abillities and i partner him with his sucessor varane in the big games
so it all depends on circumstances

Depends on position and Natural Fitness stat for me. If thats high then their physical attributtes will stay higher for much much longer. Its all about declining speed stamina etc and how important those stats are for their role