awalker14

Reaction score
How did i manage to lose this match 1-4?
View attachment 427752

Note* this isnt a rant!

I thought it would be interesting to have a thread on people most unluckiest games (Use screenshots)

Then people jump up high to defend the game & call it "Mr Realistic" yet its full of scripts. This all started in FM 13 if you remember well. I do not mind such a loss once in a while but in FM 14 it happens at a ridiculous rate. These results i hate because they only have one thing in common, you dominate yet they score from every shot they make. Whats more frustrating is you never seem to benefit from such situations in return. AI conversion rate is way too high for all teams & sorry i just do not find that fun or real as sum claim it to be

Then people jump up high to defend the game & call it "Mr Realistic" yet its full of scripts. This all started in FM 13 if you remember well. I do not mind such a loss once in a while but in FM 14 it happens at a ridiculous rate. These results i hate because they only have one thing in common, you dominate yet they score from every shot they make. Whats more frustrating is you never seem to benefit from such situations in return. AI conversion rate is way too high for all teams & sorry i just do not find that fun or real as sum claim it to be

You can believe that if you want but its still a lot of **** sorry.

Need more info such as: what position were you when you played? what position were Leicester? your tactics/formation screen? Your players?

15 long shots, 21 off target, 15 corners, looks like you just fired the ball at the goal from anywhere.

Far too many long shots and shots off target, 15 corners hints at the shots just being fired into a mass of players so probably find you have a bunch of blocked shots too. Your players rushing shots is possibly why you failed to put the chances away when they came up.

All that means you probably just got beat on the counter with them getting some easy chances.

15 long shots, 21 off target, 15 corners, looks like you just fired the ball at the goal from anywhere.

Far too many long shots and shots off target, 15 corners hints at the shots just being fired into a mass of players so probably find you have a bunch of blocked shots too. Your players rushing shots is possibly why you failed to put the chances away when they came up.

All that means you probably just got beat on the counter with them getting some easy chances.

I was thinking more unlucky due to having 6 CCC and 4 HC and hitting the woodwork 4 times lol and they had 2 goals from corners (the stupid scrappy ones) score a penalty and they scored a cracker from like 35 yards

It's never a proper goal, it's always a set-piece or fluke goal.

I firmly believe that sometimes it just isn't your day, You see it in real life too where despite have 60+% possession and 1000 shots on target compared to the oppositions 1, they lose 1-0

Yup, happens IRL too. This isn't a rant thread btw, OP mentions it.

Worst match engine ever made lets not lie to ourselves

No it isn't, I'm sorry but many people don't use tactics properly and then lose, mistakes happen IRL too, I can probably give you example of every kind of mistake IRL that happens in ME, although frequency could be lowered.

That is the point the match engine is very restricted to using only certain tactics or formation & that is plain boring. Im having a lot of success but its not fun since other tactics are useless

I was in 2nd position and lost 3-0 to 4th, despite me having 3 clear cuts and them having zero. The game can be bizarre sometimes. I do find my strikers are nowhere near as clinical from CCC's as the AI, then again my defenders score a **** of a lot from corners. Swings and roundabouts.

That is the point the match engine is very restricted to using only certain tactics or formation & that is plain boring. Im having a lot of success but its not fun since other tactics are useless
I' talking about general instruction of tactics, not particular tactics. I don't use any tactic from this forum. For eg using "Play Narrower" and "Work Ball into the box", you'll never score. Stuff like this, instruction which are tactically incompatible and so on. There is full tactical flexibility if you use it properly. I have three of my own tactics, I change instructions during game, according to opposition etc.

@MillerJA9 do you want me to give a list of games in which that same thing happened in Real life? Teams up at 3rd position lose to 16th placed team in EPL a lot, 2nd to 4th is nothing.