How or why is my computer performance half star?

xCeeTee

Reaction score
I don't know why, I mean my laptop has above average specs, and the game is running faster than ever. I know it's nothing to worry about but is it a bug or what? And is SI going to bother updating it at all? I doubt they will for FM14 but at least for FM15 I just like to know when starting a game what my laptop's like and what speed the game will run at, rather than them both just reading half star

I don't know why, I mean my laptop has above average specs, and the game is running faster than ever. I know it's nothing to worry about but is it a bug or what? And is SI going to bother updating it at all? I doubt they will for FM14 but at least for FM15 I just like to know when starting a game what my laptop's like and what speed the game will run at, rather than them both just reading half star

I would not read too much into whatever the game says it is not always correct, I will give you an example I use an apu which has an integrated graphics card which I do not use on its own, I use a graphics card that works in tandem with the apu.

Now battlefield and skyrim recommends settings of high and ultra, however simcity recommends I play everything on the lowest and europa universalis says a graphics card of at least 512mb is required to run this gAmes which yours is not. Alas you are not cross firing like I am but don't listen to the game compare your specs with the minimum that is the best way to do it then just switch in/out leagues as you see fit for performance.

oh and for fm14 can load up Portugal, England, Spain, holland, Germany, France and Germany all the way down and still get 4 stars with about 50k database or whatever but could probably push it a lot further, if you are worried download some hardware monitoring software and compare how your computer fares with different amounts of leagues loaded

Alright then thanks :) I like to think I'm quite savvy when it comes to computers, but the technical get me a little. I can load up 4/5 countries all the way, and the game is running smoother than anything yet it only says half a star! I just don't want to start a game that'll be lagging and struggling to breathe

3 things that are important for game speed.

1. Processor: Cores, speeds and Level 1 & 2 caches.
2. How much RAM you have, weather it's DDR2/3/4 and it's clock speed
3. The RPM of your HHD. Solid State Drives are insanely fast and will run x3-4 times the leagues a HHD could in conjunction with a powerful processor.