How serious have you took the game??

Brum Boy

Reaction score
Listening to talksport the other day and they were on about the release of the FM 2009 and then asked people to phone up and tell them how seriously they took the game.

One bloke phoned in and said he took wycombe to the play-off finals and got changed into his suit for the game. Then some woman phoned up and said her husband won the league with everton and got her and her mother to interview him as david moyes and his son as bill kenwright about winning the league and future ambitions.

While i have never done anything as crazy as that, i do take the game quite serious and when i score a goal i usually cheer and shout.

What's the most serious you have took the game??

ive had sleepless nights trying to decide on which tactics to employ in my following fixture. ive spent half of a university lecture scribbling tactics rather than notes? ive daydreamed in the shower?

Listening to talksport the other day and they were on about the release of the FM 2009 and then asked people to phone up and tell them how seriously they took the game.

One bloke phoned in and said he took wycombe to the play-off finals and got changed into his suit for the game. Then some woman phoned up and said her husband won the league with everton and got her and her mother to interview him as david moyes and his son as bill kenwright about winning the league and future ambitions.

While i have never done anything as crazy as that, i do take the game quite serious and when i score a goal i usually cheer and shout.

What's the most serious you have took the game??

Just the usual swearing and anger if i concede a goal/miss a sitter. Little smile if we score.

Thought that was what everyone did till i read this!

lmao some people are really sad, an invisible punch etc when i score and the odd smack off the computer desk or turning the game off if i concede nothing too extreme though.

Remember the German boy ? that was funny

i dont think that was actually about fm really though was it? i think someone just put subtitles over it for a laugh - think i read it was halo or counterstrike or something like that

personally im like kris, the odd air punch for a goal and an agressive walk out the room for a drink or a **** when i concede and hope its turned round when i get back

an agressive walk out the room for a drink or a **** when i concede and hope its turned round when i get back

Lol that's what i do if I'm getting beat, I'd rather let the game play itself and me get beat rather than having to sit through the torture and just get more angry.

and an agressive walk out the room for a drink or a **** when i concede and hope its turned round when i get back

lol i do that aswell or i just minimize the screen for a minute or two :p

Well I get annoyed in some gmaes and have a personal grudge with leeds, makes it more fun if you get into it