mnk26

Reaction score
Hi, sorry if this should be in the show off your regen thread but I felt that I was more likely to get a response for my question making a new thread than posting it there.

I have a fairly promising young striker but I am not sure which direction to train him in. I could see him turning into either a really good Advanced Forward or Target Man, but not sure which one I should pick. I want to pick one now and stick with it for the rest of his career, the sooner the better

View attachment 361836

I think he's better being a solo striker as advanced forward. Would be better if he had a higher aggression though. If you want, train him to be a little faster.

if he's a sole forward, probably an AF, if you're playing 2 up front, TM. Nice dilemma to have...

I would actually train him in the role Of à Trequartista. Not with the aim to be used as one but he Will get more complete as His stats in passing, technique and creativity needs to be raised.

I would actually train him in the role Of à Trequartista. Not with the aim to be used as one but he Will get more complete as His stats in passing, technique and creativity needs to be raised.

This^

When you set player training focuses, decide which attributes you want to increase first. That means it might not be the key ones for his role*. Then go through all the focuses you can put him on, and select the one that covers the majority, or the most important, attributes you want to improve!

It takes time, but it is definitely worth it!

*(For instance, I would want to get up his Dribbling, Passing, Technique, Creativity, Flair, Teamwork and agility - Most of these would be covered by the DLF or Treq. roles I think)

Thanks for the feedback guys! The trequartista idea makes sense, I'll train him in that for a year or two, even though I will never play him as one most likely. I'll make a judgement call what to focus him on when hes around 19 based on how he's turning out

Who the **** said Trequartista? This guy will never be good enough for that role.

Definitely go for Advanced Playmaker and when his passing is at a decent level, aim for Inside Forward.#
Then re-train his position to AMR/AML. And enjoy the positive results.

Who the **** said Trequartista? This guy will never be good enough for that role.

Definitely go for Advanced Playmaker and when his passing is at a decent level, aim for Inside Forward.#
Then re-train his position to AMR/AML. And enjoy the positive results.

I did, but you obviously did not care to actually read the whole post

Did someone just go against the words of TBH? Oof..

Haha, I am not always right and I certainly dont want people reading my post without actually questioning them. But here, he just missunderstood what I wrote as he actually suggested a very similair role for him to be trained in ( the advanced playmaker), using the same method ( trained to get better in some stats to then be used in a different role) :D

Haha, I am not always right and I certainly dont want people reading my post without actually questioning them. But here, he just missunderstood what I wrote as he actually suggested a very similair role for him to be trained in ( the advanced playmaker), using the same method ( trained to get better in some stats to then be used in a different role) :D

Yeah, you're right I didn't read the whole thing.
Sorry man. :p

But I feel, like eventually making this dude a winger would be so much more beneficial, especially as an inside forward with 19/20 finishing who can potentially cross and pass too. lol.

Yeah, you're right I didn't read the whole thing.
Sorry man. :p

But I feel, like eventually making this dude a winger would be so much more beneficial, especially as an inside forward with 19/20 finishing who can potentially cross and pass too. lol.

But surely a trequartista is closer to a winger than an advanced playmaker anyway, if you were to use the argument of only train him in a role he might play.

But surely a trequartista is closer to a winger than an advanced playmaker anyway, if you were to use the argument of only train him in a role he might play.

Trequartista isn't the most physical role.

I genuinely thought Ovro was taking the ****.

Big lad, good touch, train him as a target man, put a little man next to him to win the knockdowns, ladies and gentleman, 4-4-f-2.