How the mighty pool have fallen........ Blackpool that is!

Tracz

Reaction score
Some of you may have read on the net or seen in the paper lately that the mighty blackpool have the grand total of 8 first team players under contract non of them a gk, and riga's three coaches that recently joined havent even got contracts!
How has this happened? A mega 27 player left the club this summer!
5 weeks till the season starts and still seems to be no progress, their tour to spain has been canceled, they have 2 friendlies before the season starts, and rumours of a huge rift forming between riga and the tight blackpool owner!
I just dont understand were all the money has gone? They never spent huge in pl, they sold well, and i think this will be their last year with parachute payments, so best part of £80-100m just gone!?!? Sounds dodge!

This got me thinking, i would love to be able to jump in to rigas job in fm, and see what i could achieve,
is there anyway for this to happen? Can we edit the db some how to start in july 14? And blackpool to have the current (tiny) squad?

Any help would be appreciated,
tracz

When I read that report I also was thinking "that would be a great challenge in Football Manager 2015", start with only 8 players and have to cobble together almost an entire squad.

They'll probably have hired a bunch of players by the time of FM15's start date though. But maybe some Blackpool fan will make a modded db.

Wood LFCMarshalls recent datatbase have this set up, shows how we all think as i read it in the newspaper my first thought was love that as an FM Challenge, i think they still have the money just the chairman doesnt like to spend it

It's all sitting in an off-shore account belonging to the owner. Don't expect to see Blackpool challenging for promotion they will be lucky to survive.

Tracz, Maybe ask LFC_Marshall to add this to his next update on the 19th? I would love to see something similar to this on a Challenge/Story

All fmrs think the same lol,
i doubt they will survive, closer they get to start of season harder it will be, what players would join a championship team woth 8 players! Only a league 1/2 quality player, but then again most prob get paid better in league 1 then by oyster!

Just messaged lfcmarshall and he said its. Already been done for the new update!
Cant wait for the challenge to begin!

Ive read somewhere that with 23 days to go till the start of the Champo season, in order to make the 23 man squad (or whatever the number is) they need to be buying a player every 55 hrs! Good luck to them!

Well atleast when lfc releases the next update we will have a little longer then that,
but its the challenge of getting enough quality in to survive, it can be a challenge on fm if you sign 5/6 first team players, but you would need to add atleast 8 just to have a matchday squad, so mayb 12-15 players! And survive/ build for the future/ keep your job.
I really feel for riga, what a shambles blackpool have become, seaside derby next year i guess??