How to add CUSTOM LOGOS to FM

rocheyb

Reaction score
STEP 1 — Within your saved files:
  • Navigate to the Graphics/Logos folder. In my case, it’s this folder…
  • Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2019 / graphics / clubs
  • Then, assuming that you already have some logos for the relevant country in place, go to that country, e.g. England
  • Notice that the logos already in that folder are named according to their FM ID number
  • Find the config.xml file and open it with TextEdit or Notepad (or similar)
  • There is one line of code for each logo, so copy one single line of code and paste it to the end of the list, before </list>

STEP 2 — Within FM:
  • Go to the Preferences menu
  • Select More Interface Options
  • Check the box to Show ID Numbers
  • Also check the box to Reload Cache When You Hit Confirm
  • Hit Confirm (it usually takes a minute or so to go back to the game view)
  • Make a note of the ID number showing alongside your club’s name at the top of the screen

STEP 3 — From my thread on FM-Base:
  • Go to the set of logos that I have created for you
  • Ignore the largest version — it’s just for show
  • The middle version is sized at 180x180px; right click on it and make sure the file extension is showing as .png — save it to your desktop
  • Replace the filename that I gave to your file (e.g. Clanfield Town FC_180px.png) with your club’s FM ID number — just the number itself, no other info
  • Move that logo into the England folder (or whichever country is relevant to your club)
  • Then, in the config file, go to that line you duplicated earlier and replace the ID number (shown twice) with your club’s ID number; this is how FM knows where to put each individual logo
  • Make sure that there are no differences in formatting between your amended line of code and those above it; the only visible difference should be the changed ID number; even a change in the font of a speech mark can cause an error (finding that out the first time was a long, frustrating evening that I will never get back!)
  • Once you have done this, save your changes to the config file and close it
  • Now go to the icon folder; you need to do the same again using the icon version of the logo that I have created for you, updating the config and placing the icon version of the logo — which should only be named with the ID number — into this Icon folder
  • Save and close

IF YOU ARE ADDING MORE THAN ONE CUSTOM LOGO, REPEAT THE STEPS ABOVE. Once you understand the process, you’ll be able to shortcut it a bit by making the relevant changes to the logos in batches.

STEP 4 — Back in FM:
  • Go back to the Preferences menu
  • Go back to More Interface Options
  • Uncheck the Show ID Numbers option
  • Hit Reload

STEP 5 — In the FM game view:
  • Look on in awe at your beautiful logo in-situ, in-game, with your very own custom club
  • Now go and win the title!

Please comment below if you have followed these instructions. I did this all from memory with FM switched off (I’m supposed to be working):
  • Did it work?
  • Did I miss a stage?
  • Did I describe anything incorrectly?

I’ll be back later to add some pretty screenshots when I have time.

WANT A CUSTOM LOGO? Click here, then:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/club...214-rocheybs-custom-logo-creation-thread.html

For up-to-date examples of my custom logos, follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FMLogos_rocheyb

Last edited:
Hmmm, I have followed the instructions the same for the small logos as I did for the normal ones, but have realised not one of them has worked. The ones I have put in the normal folder have all worked.

I have checked the config file and the directory I followed is this, which is where all the other small logos are stored: C:\Users\ellis\OneDrive\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\graphics\logos\europe\england\small

Can anyone please offer any advice as to what the problem might be? I did it the same way as I did it for the bigger logos, and they worked fine so I'm puzzled.

This is my config file:

Never mind, I have solved my problem by looking at that config file myself, I missed off the > at the end.
Edit: And I also had a missing 3 in the last one too, which meant that one was incorrect even when the rest had been corrected.

Last edited:
thought that would be the best place to start,
glad its working now for you

it's also great to know the FM Graphics Configurator and Smart Shirt Designer 2.0 programs.

Thanks for the tips Rochey.

I've got a small issue I can't figure out. The big logo loads but the small logo doesn't load on kits--it uses the generic/pre load logo instead. I can't see anything wrong with the config file (it worked before making changes anyway, so...) and the logos are inline so I didn't swap a o for a 0 by accident.

any suggestions appreciated,
-JF

Thanks for the tips Rochey.

I've got a small issue I can't figure out. The big logo loads but the small logo doesn't load on kits--it uses the generic/pre load logo instead. I can't see anything wrong with the config file (it worked before making changes anyway, so...) and the logos are inline so I didn't swap a o for a 0 by accident.

any suggestions appreciated,
-JF

Can you post a screenshot of where it's going wrong?

Can you post a screenshot of where it's going wrong?

Here you go... not sure if I did something wrong in setup, but seems like it should show the small logo on the kit. Both images are correctly swapped into the graphics folder, but it uses a generic kit logo instead.

attachment.php

Folland Sports Logo

Would it please be possible to get this logo in the format so I can add it to my team on fm2019 please?

Folland Sports are actually on the game so it might be even easier to format but I think it’s above my level of expertise!

If you could sort this for me I would be eternally grateful! As I have been struggling myself to do this for months until I see your awesome thread.

Kind Regards

George Sansom

Hi can someone help me with this.

I've made my own logo for a new team I created but it isn't showing in game.
attachment.php

As far as I can tell I've done it correctly but it isn't showing in my game after reloading the skin. I have the image saved in the right place
attachment.php

But this is all I can see still
attachment.php

I did notice on genie scout that it shows that my club is Algerian when it's English
attachment.php

But here in the editor file I've used it's clearly an English club
attachment.php

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks