How to apply short corner setup with some formations?

Jatjr

Reaction score
I have a narrow 4-0-2-3-1 formation. I apply short corner setup. I noticed it does not work, there is no one closer to receive ball. I tried Offer Short Option but I dont think that is it. Does anyone know?

Edit: I noticed that 3 STs, 1 ST+2 AMR/L, 1 ST + 2 MR/L formations can work with short corner tactics. But other formations, not so much.

Last edited:
I haven't tried it myself, but I don't think short corner settings work very well (or at all) in FM15.

Even if you set your corners to short and have someone there, the taker never actually plays it short. No idea why, its kinda stupid really.

Well, I have the same question. Set corners to short, but the taker just cross high to somewhere else. Nobody come near him to get the ball, so not many goal come from short corner.

Well, I have the same question. Set corners to short, but the taker just cross high to somewhere else. Nobody come near him to get the ball, so not many goal come from short corner.

Yes this is the problem. Only certain formations with short corner setup get to score a lot. But if you take on a different formation that does not have the certain players, then short cornet setup no longer works. It is pretty much encouraging me to stick with these certain formations for sake of over-the-top efficient corner setups. :(