The title should be different. What u said above isn't "how to attack in football" in general. But rather u only explained a kind of attack out of many. N no example? Seriously what is the purpose of this thread????

thats a very helpfull thread for me mate,but can u explain me something which confuse me?the team shape is the creative freedom allowed to each player depend of his role?and if that is true whats the purpose to use structured and high structured shape in aggresive tactics instead of more cautious like defensive or counter for exampe?i use counter and structured and sometimes switch it to control and it really works but i was never sure why

thats a very helpfull thread for me mate,but can u explain me something which confuse me?the team shape is the creative freedom allowed to each player depend of his role?and if that is true whats the purpose to use structured and high structured shape in aggresive tactics instead of more cautious like defensive or counter for exampe?i use counter and structured and sometimes switch it to control and it really works but i was never sure why

Fluidity will not make or brake your approach...i recommend more structured because of use of limited defenders and clearing ball to flanks, because I like to go along the more agressive mentality and increase width, which will give greater support to my wide players, who will be the main creators and outlets. For defensive mentality, onus is on your defence, so you need best posssible defenders, which is why I use a more fluid approach and usually either pump ball into box with longer passess, or keep posssession.

Good post. One thing I hope Fm16 does is explore the pressing options a bit more.

thats a very helpfull thread for me mate,but can u explain me something which confuse me?the team shape is the creative freedom allowed to each player depend of his role?and if that is true whats the purpose to use structured and high structured shape in aggressive tactics instead of more cautious like defensive or counter for exampe?i use counter and structured and sometimes switch it to control and it really works but i was never sure why

Think of creative freedom as who does what - Structured breaks the team into many distinct parts, while fluid there is one amorphous blob. Chelsea under Jose play a structured tactic - the defenders stay at home and defend, the midfield support and the attackers attack as opposed to say the the total football model where every player attacks and defends.

Mentality is more a case of how adventurous you are being, Think of it as a scale of how willing the team is to attack - .Defensive teams will still attack, but only if the stars align and mummy says it is safe. Attacking mentality is more Oh! We have the ball - charge!!! - OK that was an exaggeration to make the point - call it poetic licence.

Last edited: