How to attract good players to a bad team?

united_yo

Reaction score
I'm currently managing a coca-cola league 2 team, and I wonder how I can attract a player like Cristiano Ronaldo to the team? I got the money, I offer him a contract worth 600,000£ per week, and all that, but he never wants to join? Is there something I can edit to get him to sign for my team? I'm using FMRTE.

Thanks, and just ask if I left some important info out.
Cheers.

increase your reputation to 9000 and that might attact him

If you are in League 2 you will never attract players like Ronaldo, or any Premiership player.
If you want any hope of getting them you need to be in a top tier league and winning silverware often.

Or increase your reputation like the 2 guys above me said.

Thanks for the fast replies. How can I check what my reputation is? So I can check that it got edited?

how stupid is this? use the normal editor and just change his contract in that if you must.

Raise your clubs reputation and raise the attraction of the city you're based in

how stupid is this? use the normal editor and just change his contract in that if you must.

Relax. This is a great forum but people need to calm down and stop "attacking" everytime they see something they think is "stupid"

Cristiano Ronaldo to League 2?

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
XD

But yeah,just use FM Editor.

I would **** myself, and never go on this forum again, if he tried to start a story with this *****!

pmsl that would be funny as **** if that happened especially if there were likes of lampard,torres,ronaldo and rooney in the league 2

Umm, I guess wait until he is 36 and then you have a chance to sign him. ;)

I would **** myself, and never go on this forum again, if he tried to start a story with this *****!

Somehow I think you missunderstand why I want Ronaldo to play in league 2. It's not cause I want to win, or have a top scorer or something. But I simply want to see how my tactics work if I manage to get a wonderkid or something. 1 player which seems to be "overpowered" compared to the other ones on the pitch.

so you only want the best player in the world just to try out your tactics
anyway if your youth setup isnt very good then you wont get wonderkid players

how do you raise your clubs rep?
When you use FMRTE I think there is something called Current Screen or something like that, press it when you have your club selected. Or you can just search for the club in FMRTEs search function and then when you get to the team screen there is a reputation 'bar' under the Information tab, change the info there from 3000 (or whatever) to 9999 and all the stars will line up to join your team.