How to beat At. Madrid with Brisbane Roar

ThePutty

Reaction score
Using the Ghost tactic by Zero Sea, I managed to win the Asian League and get to the Club Championship. Won against the first team in the quarter, but now I'm up against At. Madrid who are better than my team in just about every way. Is there some sort of tactic, or strategy that I can use for a inferior team to beat a much stronger one? At. Madrid only uses a 4-4-2, so maybe there's something to counter them?

Help would be appreciated, as I'm getting tired of replaying the match over and over only to lose so many times. Or maybe I just have to lose? Here's hoping I don't

[cough]cheat[cough]
:p
no sorry dunno

An early contender for most pointless post of the year...

Try playing rigid, counterattacking football. Press them and track their fullbacks.

I'd say lose the game. No point replaying over and over again, FM is supposed to be a realistic simulation of real life after all.

Dont keep replaying it, its not realistic at all, you should just be proud of where took The Roar rather then try over do it by reloading all the time

Counter is good. I don't know who is on your team so really don't know how you play. I use Alcorcon so I always play them in league, they have de gea though, but i usually just play heavy defensively and just like my strikers do the attacking since tehy are very good.

An early contender for most pointless post of the year...

Try playing rigid, counterattacking football. Press them and track their fullbacks.

Tried this and it does seem to be working, managed to go 1-1 but lost on the penalty, can you give me a few more points on what I can do? I'm very new to the tactic thing

Try playing a rigid, disclipined game and maybe hit them on the counter or get a fast striker on in the last 30min of the game to exploit the defence's fatigue also its good to drop deeper to prevent through balls being played into the path of Aguero and Forlan

Try playing a rigid, disclipined game and maybe hit them on the counter or get a fast striker on in the last 30min of the game to exploit the defence's fatigue also its good to drop deeper to prevent through balls being played into the path of Aguero and Forlan

But how would I do this? I'm really new to making tactics, all I can figure out is changing the playing style to rigid and the creative freedom to more disiplined, as well as setting it from attacking to counter. What else, and where, do I set?

When you go on to tectics, you need to make sure the team instructions or advanced then set your defensive line to deep.

play with 4 ST. It helped me first season against L'pool :D

You could also try aggressive tackling to retain possession easier. But your team needs to have good strength and high aggression to succeed in this. Otherwise, you'll just get a lot of bookings.

Yeah, no matter what I try they still win. They're way too fast for my team to handle, as they've always got the ball and I can't get it off them. I'll just have to lose and hope for the next chance.

I doubt its impossible as in the demo I beat bayern munich (I think) with sheffield wednesday and it was pretty much their first team