How to beat other interested clubs in signing players...

yj

Reaction score
Man City and I (Man Utd) were interested in Eden Hazard. I gave slightly higher wages (100000 pounds/week) than what his agent demanded (97000 pounds per week). However, in the end, he still signed for Man City. :(

What should I do next time in such a signing battle to win the transfer? :)

Last edited:
I usually offer a higher signing on fee aswell mate

And a few clauses, i.e goal bonus at a milestone etc.

Yes, all possible bonus clauses are added but maybe those that I offered are much less than what Man City offered... :(

Yes, all possible bonus clauses are added but maybe those that I offered are much less than what Man City offered... :(

It could be that, did you also set his position to key player? Im sure it came down to money. I mean look at what he is making at Chelsea now, 200,000 over. Little *******.

key player status aswell might help if hes only asking for rotation/first team. if a few big clubs come in for some hot prospects i usually blag em theyl be key players and when they sign i change there status to hot prospect/back up. some moan some dont really care lol

It could be that, did you also set his position to key player? Im sure it came down to money. I mean look at what he is making at Chelsea now, 200,000 over. Little *******.

I could have sworn that Chelsea, United & City all offered the same amount of money?

I could have sworn that Chelsea, United & City all offered the same amount of money?

He accepted all their offers. They all offered different wages but he deemed them all fine. It just came down to personal terms, position in squad and location i guess.

I think that agent fees are also very important ! I did get a few players to agree on a wage cut just by offering a lot of money to their agents !

Something i think is being forgotten is interacting with the press. If you admire or declare your interest in them they will get flattered and often prefer your club, even though it might not be the financial best for themselves.

Something i think is being forgotten is interacting with the press. If you admire or declare your interest in them they will get flattered and often prefer your club, even though it might not be the financial best for themselves.
Not always though, and this could also prove counter productive if they see dismissive of said praise, surely?

Yes. I checked the contract which man city offered and that he accepted. His wages is 160000/week which is 60000/week more than what I offered. That is an insane amount of money.

Yes. I checked the contract which man city offered and that he accepted. His wages is 160000/week which is 60000/week more than what I offered. That is an insane amount of money.

Yeah obscene and the ****** thing is if you ever want to buy them from a club like Real or City the wage demands are ridiculous.

Not always though, and this could also prove counter productive if they see dismissive of said praise, surely?

If they didn't like the praise, then odds are they don't like you or your team and you didn't stand much chance of signing him anyway.

AceOfSpades is right, I always had problems signing Vrsaljko until I gave his agent 50.000 more then he origanally wanted, cut down the wage of Sime a little bit but in the end he still signed with my club.