How to buy players for reserve squad

rrrrrrrrrr

Reaction score
I was wandering if there was any way in which I could buy/loan players for the reserve team, because if I buy someone, then relegate him to the reserve squad, the fans will be disappointed about the signing. Sorry if this already has a thread, but I've looked and found nothing.

thats why you dont sign superstar reserves, personally i buy cheap young players with big potential and let them play reserve football for a while the fans wont expect him to play ever game if has cost you a low amount of money

yeah, i suppose that's the best way - to buy future superstars

thats why you dont sign superstar reserves, personally i buy cheap young players with big potential and let them play reserve football for a while the fans wont expect him to play ever game if has cost you a low amount of money
Ok, i'll do that, thanks.
It's just that once, i signed a player (can't remember who he was), I remember that i sent him to the reserve squad, and in the monthly report the board said something like:
We are satisfied with your management of the team.
One good point has been our victory against x team.
However, the fans have showed their disappointment at x player's signing.

Ok, i'll do that, thanks.
It's just that once, i signed a player (can't remember who he was), I remember that i sent him to the reserve squad, and in the monthly report the board said something like:
We are satisfied with your management of the team.
One good point has been our victory against x team.
However, the fans have showed their disappointment at x player's signing.

Thats not him in the reserves, that is the fans dont like the signing, when I shelled out 19 million for Luis Fabiano I got the same message, but he sold for 22 next season so I was lucky.

Blueshooter, you are not entirely correct.

If you check "confidence" you can see how your board and fans think of your new signings performances. It will clearly mention their performances. If a player never sees playing time, and you spent enough money on him, the fans will consider him a wash.

So yes, if you sign someone for 19 million, and then put him in the reserves and he never contributes to the starting 11, the fans will consider him a wash, and "be disappointed at x player's signing".

Blueshooter, you are not entirely correct.

If you check "confidence" you can see how your board and fans think of your new signings performances. It will clearly mention their performances. If a player never sees playing time, and you spent enough money on him, the fans will consider him a wash.

So yes, if you sign someone for 19 million, and then put him in the reserves and he never contributes to the starting 11, the fans will consider him a wash, and "be disappointed at x player's signing".

Mind you mate Fabiano was in my team for the whole season netting 21 times, I just didnt like him that much, the fans did not like him as he has a reputation of trouble. Though what you have said about the "wash up" is correct =]