How to combat broken down relationship with player?

TonyVilliers

Reaction score
Hi,

I've currently got Dzeko who will not speak to me. Flat out refuses to. This because he didn't like the way I took team talks.

His morale fluctuates wildly between superb and very poor but the weird thing is that, despite being unable to motivate himself because of "personal issues" with me, he performs superbly getting 2 goals a game.

I offered him a new contract and he turned it down, I placed him on transfer list, he came and spoke to me, I told him it was a mistake and he didn't believe me and got all grumpy again.

I can't address it because he won't speak to me but he performs well and I don't want to lose him.

Any idea how I bridge the gap and get him talking to me again?

if hes playing well i'd keep playing him and if the team is doing well he should start becoming happy about that then you could iron out your problems then and perhaps offer a new contract with higher wages to tempt him.

I think you just have to continue playing him (assuming he plays well) and hope that he will eventually come along, or you can just sell him and use the cash to sign someone else.

Actually it's nearly impossible to fix it , judging from my past experience.
I had my Real Madrid save on for 4 seasons. Iker Casillas was Captain and Sergio Ramos Vice-captain. I changed Sergio's status and put Ricardo Carvalho as a Vice-captain. Then when i tried to speak with him, our relationship was over, and he wanted to leave..Won 2 consecutive La Liga and Champions League titles kept praising him but useless.
Then when Man City offered 63 millions and he said he is happy about the relief of moving to Man City.

The transfer list thing came up in the mailbox saying he wanted desperately to stay with me...odd....

---------- Post added 05/05/2011 at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was 04/05/2011 at 07:36 PM ----------

OK so update on this is that after several months (about 9) of not talking to me he is now talking to me. The remedy, as suggested, was to keep playing him and winning. Point in case is that he averaged 2 goals a game for me and then scored a double hatrick against Sevilla. I took a punt and he actually spoke to me saying "What have I done this time?" and I praised his form and he thanked me so we might be back on terms!

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

The other thing was I let my ***. man do the team talks and that was Dzeko's beef with me so it seemed to have removed the problem.