Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm 3 seasons into a file with Sevilla, and in my first season I spent 8 mil and had a budget of 10, and made sure my wage structure was well within limits. This lead to me getting a transfer budget of 52 million the next season, and I spent about 40 of that again making sure my wage budget was well in control. But throughout that second season everytime I checked my finances, my overall balance would always be in red, and it'd go down and down each month to at one stage -50 million. Not sure why this is, the chairman had to take extra loans to make the club remain competieve. The exact same thing happened throughout my third season too, which is getting quite fustrating. I'm trying to make a overall profit each month, but it seems impossible.

It is not your job to worry about finances. That is the board's job. ;)

As long as your are under budget, you are doing your job.

Last edited:
I wish there was more control over this though...like being able to talk to your board about it and trying to convince them to be financially prudent. I usually spend a bit in my first and second seasons but after that always make a large profit (in my FM 10 save as Sporting Lisbon I have like 50 million for the transfer budget and 500,000 under wages), and I wish you could be rewarded for being financially sensible. In my save's Arsenal always starts spending like crazy. It's unrealistic.

well, actually you do have as much control as you possibly could, i mean, board already is spending as much as they can, not every business is a profitable one, you know.

however your control is making sure that you sign players on cheaper terms, like bonuses and sign-up fees
you see, the limiting budget for you only involves raw salaries and raw transfer fees (to other clubs)
any other fees, including per-match payments, all bonuses and sign-on/manager fees are all coming out of that overall club budget which is why its decreasing for you

Status
Not open for further replies.