• Start date
  • Replies 12
  • Views 3K

Did this work for you?

• Total voters
T

TheMjt

How to cope with a dangerous striker

Struggling to keep Wayne Rooney quiet? Torres scoring two or three goals against you every time? Try this simple solution.

Make sure you are playing a flat four defence. Drop one of your midfielders back to the DMC position and set him to man mark the less dangerous striker. Set your two centre DC's to mark the striker and take him out of the game. Set your full backs to zonal mark and watch Rooney squirm.

Thank you and I hope it works.

Last edited:
How do you set players to man mark a certain player?

How do you set players to man mark a certain player?

Select your line-up, go into the match, go back to your tactics, select the player you want the other to mark and then, via tight marking, select from the available.

Select your line-up, go into the match, go back to your tactics, select the player you want the other to mark and then, via tight marking, select from the available.

Tar mate, always wondered how you done that

that only works if the opposition midfield isnt that good, becuase you're leaving one free, and they are gonna be left with free shots from 25 yards

Just tried it.

Manchester United 1-3
Manchester City - 2017/18 season

Worked a treat. Closed down Danny Welbeck and Davide Petrucci, whilst Wayne Rooney was anonymous, hit them twice on the break and just conceded late but came back with a third in injury time. Manchester United are top in my game and, with that, have closed the gap down to five points, four away from Liverpool.

Last edited:
Just tried it.

Manchester United 1-3 Manchester City - 2017/18 season

Worked a treat. Closed down Danny Welbeck and Davide Petrucci, whilst Wayne Rooney was anonymous, hit them twice on the break and just conceded late but came back with a third in injury time. Manchester United are top in my game and, with that, have closed the gap down to five points, four away from Liverpool.

Fanstastic, glad it worked for you

Just tried it.

Manchester United 1-3
Manchester City - 2017/18 season

soo u support united but ur managin city ?

As madsheep said, setting three players to mark two players will leave you with a shortfall in midfield. If you're playing 4-3-3 vs 4-3-3, this is bad. If you're playing 4-4-2 vs 4-3-3, it's suicidal.

Actually, now that I think of it, what if they're only playing one striker?

As madsheep said, setting three players to mark two players will leave you with a shortfall in midfield. If you're playing 4-3-3 vs 4-3-3, this is bad. If you're playing 4-4-2 vs 4-3-3, it's suicidal.

Actually, now that I think of it, what if they're only playing one striker?

If they're playing one striker, set a DC and DM to mark him. Leave the other DC free

If they're playing one striker, set a DC and DM to mark him. Leave the other DC free

So if they're playing a 4-2-3-1, use two players to mark their striker, and leave three other attackers versus three defenders? Risky stuff...