blekaut

Reaction score
I cannot find a formation with which I can beat a team that plays 4-4-2. What would be the best formation to beat it? Prefer ones without 3 central defenders as I am short in that departement.

I've tried copying 4-4-2, tried 4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-1-2-2-1... nothing seems to work.

I cannot find a formation with which I can beat a team that plays 4-4-2. What would be the best formation to beat it? Prefer ones without 3 central defenders as I am short in that departement.

I've tried copying 4-4-2, tried 4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-1-2-2-1... nothing seems to work.

try my 4-3-3

Man mark their fullbacks, man mark their center mids. Press, tight mark their wide mids. Use the extra man on the mid properly - DM to cover and spread play, or AM to ruin their defense. Full backs playing narrow preferably to cut the 2man def channels, as their 2 forwards will have lots of channels to move into.

I have problems with flat 3 mid :) hard to cover it and always getting outrun.

play with a DM set as a half back... when in possession he acts as a simple pass option but when on the defence he steps into the back line to become a 3rd centre back then set your faster centre back as cover and you shouldnt have them running through you so often