shootie

Sergi <3
Reaction score
In my Fiorentina game and others Ive always struggled against a 4-3-1-2 (MC-MC-MC-AM-ST-ST). I have struggled against this tactic alot vs other teams aswell playing different wide and narrow tactics. Has anyone got any advice on how to counter this?

Any advice on how to counter a narrow diamond midfield would be nice too (H)

hello shootie

i love what you ask becouse its somthing i was fighting my self for some time! :)
i play with Udinesee now in my 3rd year and since italy leage are so differnt from england i had the same struggled againt no wings style of play

well after i try many things i found out and its a bit funny, the best tactic against this is actuly the same tactic, 4312

there is no way you can play defence against this tactic or even counter style becouse this tactic use 80% max abilty in offence, the full backs have alot more space and they put presure close to the helf, so if you have wingrs you simple cant pass them the ball and if you do they will lose it to the full backs.

with Fiorentina you can easly win 90% of your games useing this tactic, and to be true this tactic is so strong that when you finsh your games you will see that you have 2 times more chances then the other team.

so this how you shold do it to apply the tactic

set 4312

Pilosophy: Balance
Strategy: Attack (its also very strong as defence)
Pass Style: Shorter
Creative: More
Clossing: Press More
Tackling: Default
Marking: Zonal
Crossing: Default
Roaming: Default

on the 3 MC make the left and right going to attack and make sure they have good off the ball and work rate
the MC in the center will play as ball wining defence and he will orgnize your attacks from the back so make sure to put one with hi jumping and fair strenght
the 2 ST are both attack and your AM is on support

this probly the most easy and strong tactic in the game (for top teams)

enjoy (sorry for my english)

i use a narrow diamond to combat both those formations if your lucky your players will perform better against the other narrow diamond and dominate and they should walk over the 4-3-1-2

Thanks for the advice guys, ill be using this to try and make a counter-Italian pack midfield tactic. Cheers guys :D Any other opinions would be welcome :)