How to create a Scandinavian Champions Cup?

JildertH

Reaction score
I asked myself if it is possible to create a sort of Scandinavian Champions League, with clubs from Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Finland and Faeroer. It has to be a new cup not based in a single country (so not linked to country rules from a single country) and it has to be a cup beside existing competitions and cups from the participating countries and European leagues.

It would be great to add a number of participants based on the UEFA country / competition ranking (like the Champions League and European League). For a total of 16 teams I would suggest (based on the current UEFA ranking) the following number of participants per country: Sweden (4), Denmark (4), Norway (3), Iceland (2), Finland (2) and Faeroer (1). Maybe you need to create a new league for the Faeroer as well. The scheme can be designed like the Champions League, without qualifiers. Teams start in a group stage (4 groups with 4 teams), with home and away games. Two clubs per group will go to the next rounds, knock out phase. Only the final is a single game.

It is important the new Scandinavian Champions Cup whih hasn't obstruction for existing leagues, European competitions or country leagues.

Is this possible?

I asked myself if it is possible to create a sort of Scandinavian Champions League, with clubs from Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Finland and Faeroer. It has to be a new cup not based in a single country (so not linked to country rules from a single country) and it has to be a cup beside existing competitions and cups from the participating countries and European leagues.

It would be great to add a number of participants based on the UEFA country / competition ranking (like the Champions League and European League). For a total of 16 teams I would suggest (based on the current UEFA ranking) the following number of participants per country: Sweden (4), Denmark (4), Norway (3), Iceland (2), Finland (2) and Faeroer (1). Maybe you need to create a new league for the Faeroer as well. The scheme can be designed like the Champions League, without qualifiers. Teams start in a group stage (4 groups with 4 teams), with home and away games. Two clubs per group will go to the next rounds, knock out phase. Only the final is a single game.

It is important the new Scandinavian Champions Cup whih hasn't obstruction for existing leagues, European competitions or country leagues.

Is this possible?

It's possible sure using advanced rules and the continental cup rules int he editor. The main issues would be figuring out the scheduling since you don't want it to clash with the UEFA Champions League Group Stages. Just to ease fixture congestion, I'd remove the Quarter Final stage and only have 1st place progress to a semi final stage.

It's possible sure using advanced rules and the continental cup rules int he editor. The main issues would be figuring out the scheduling since you don't want it to clash with the UEFA Champions League Group Stages. Just to ease fixture congestion, I'd remove the Quarter Final stage and only have 1st place progress to a semi final stage.

Do you have an idea how to design this? Screenshots are welcome.

I think it is important to have a close look at the schedules of those countries.