How to create a wonderkid who doesn't get picked up by big teams straight away?

Ozwin

Reaction score
So I've made some US players as an experiment. I've left all their attributes as 0 in the editor and have made their CA 65 and PA 200 so there's scope for them to become amazing or terrible (I think, I may be wrong here), I let the game create their attributes from there on because then it's randomized and more fun but even when their starting attributes are rubbish they always get interest from Napoli/Roma/PSG from the off. I want them to have a gradual career where they go to some smaller clubs first before they make it big but I can't quite figure out how to do this.

I'm not overly familiar with the editor so may be doing something wrong but would love some tips and advice on how to do this.

Thanks!

Last edited:
You've everything in the editor done correctly :)

As for the issue you're having if you take a look at real life football you'll see that a lot of these Wonderkids nowadays like Odegaard, or when Liverpool bought Sterling (£5m), or even some of the American talents like the guy at Dortmund who's name escapes me and the guy from Bayern also and even the American CB at Chelsea (I'm awful at names) these are all potentially world class players who have joined big clubs from the beginning so basically my point is that Wonderkids will generally go to the big clubs and either make it or be a bit **** so there's nothing you can do to avoid them being picked off

If they have 200PA than all top clubs will be hunting them from the start of the game and I'm afraid you can't do nothing about it.

Players can have preference to play or not play in somewhere. If you put those wonderkids to not prefer play team like PSG or in big country. So maybe just maybe that can work. I'm not sure can you do that but I think you can do that... I don't have editor so not sure about this...

I'm not sure but it might help if you try to edit his "Loyalty" and "Adaptability" attributes

You wont be able to hold them off once his reputation has grown. With a 200pa that will be fast regardless of the club/standing/loyalty.

The big clubs are looking at the PA and thinking they will better facilities will have chance to get him to that than anyother lower club, so they'll all jump on the chance as soon as possible. You can tie a player to one club for life, but you cant delay the move.

The VERY FIRST thing i do when loading a new game up is to get my decent youth a minimum fee release clause in a new contract so at least can fend the big clubs off and when they do sign them i get a good fee

sometimes I think that the only thing that AI clubs care is PA and the current attributers doesn't matter for them