MRCX

Reaction score
I'm wondering - how can I create custom databases, for examples with altered league systems or more tiers in a certain country?

I used to play around with scripting a bit years ago with the EA Football Manager and altered league systems, created new competitions, playoffs where there weren't any etc., but I have no experience in doing stuff like that with SI's Football Manager, so I don't even know where to start.

Any tips on how I can do it or how I can learn about it?

Look for Football Manager Editor. You should be able to find it in Steam, under Tools in your library. Then, you'll need to load the DB and you start editing as you like and saving changes to use in new saves.

You can even look in youtube, there's plenty of videos for older versions of the editor. Usually the editing features of the editor are pretty much the same and the UI doesn't change that much as well, so there's a good chance you'll find a tutorial explaining how to do the change you want to implement.

You will need to wait for the editor to be released once the full game goes live, there is no editor currently available for the beta version of FM22.