timrobbins

Reaction score
Hi there,
I know that this is hardly answerable question, but tell me some basic assumptions how to reach 30+ goals with striker per season? Just tell me the most important things u have to do with your striker to get him to that level.

Thanks

^ Essentially that. If you want a striker to get more goals, ensure that the tactic is built such a way that the striker actually gets balls (pun intended), instead of someone else taking long shots somewhere else. Depends a lot on what player instructions are there too.

Other than that, if you were looking for player attributes, then you'll need to be a bit more specific as to what type of striker you're interested in.. A TM or a Poacher or w/e.. But essentially, a striker needs to have good Finishing, Dribbling, Composure, Heading, Off The Ball and Anticipation. Good Positioning is needed too, since this'll reduce those numerous offsides.

You need to have a great tactic.

Boom. Basically this. You also need a striker that fits that tactic, play him in the right role and obviously make sure you've got players that can supply him with the goals.

1. Buy Shane Long,
2. feed him the ball.

On a more serious note it starts with your tactic, you either want him to be a lone striker and thus the ideal focal point of an attack or to be there to latch onto the odd chances or you get him to work off another more physical striker that helps him carve out chances.
I've always preferred a lone striker, allows me to dictate a little more when and where he's going to be getting the ball and be in an correct position to finish those chances.

From there it's onto your players.
Midfield needs to be able to control games to some extent, either with one or two big strong defensive players sitting behind or just through shear ability alone. Good team work, players without "likes to take long shots" and those who enjoy going on mazey little runs into defenders are all things you want.

For your striker, solid acceleration, dribbling, composure, finishing, off the ball, anticipation and bravery are all great to have. Places shots and likes to round GK are probably the best paired PPMs you can have on someone who isn't a TM.

Yeye, I will ask differently then :) Is there any topic or are there some tips for what each type of striker needs? I mean TM needs to have wingers that has good crossing to support him, or Poacher needs to have good AM behind him, who can dribble the ball deep and then get striker great pass.... I got a little problem with the new striker positions like deep lying, shadow striker and so on

Bravery, Anticipation, Composure, Determination and Off the Ball.

Everything else depends on how your style of play feeds your striker. With these five attributes you at least give yourself a chance.

Yeye, I will ask differently then :) Is there any topic or are there some tips for what each type of striker needs? I mean TM needs to have wingers that has good crossing to support him, or Poacher needs to have good AM behind him, who can dribble the ball deep and then get striker great pass.... I got a little problem with the new striker positions like deep lying, shadow striker and so on

Problem is most of the roles are highly dependent on what you want to get out of them.

DLF (My favorite) = Either you'll want someone playing in front of him such as a poacher or advance forward or you'll using inside forwards or a marauding shadow striker/attacking midfielder to help link up with him. Tends to drop into the space in front of the CBs to play balls through to others or out why.

Advanced Forward - Works well upfront alone with some support from deep, wide or with a strike partner.

Target Man - Like you said, support from wide to knock in headers or to link up with either an AF/Poacher or someone coming up from deep.

Poacher - Sits on the last man and is there to use pace to be a direct threat and to be on the end of anything, works well with a TM/DLF to provide through balls and link up player or with someone deeper to create space and play balls through.

Complete Forward - Does everything, straight up mix of a DLF and an AF. Comes deep, plays out the balls to others and also tries to get onto the end of things. Again ideal with a more one dimensional forward such as a poacher or with support from wide such as inside forwards.

Defensive forward - Never used one so no ideal, based on what it says I'd suggest using it again with a more direct threat such as a poacher or AF, possibly with a shadow striker/treq sitting in behind him.

Trequartista - Can't say I've ever used one upfront I prefer them sitting behind a striker. Would need to be supported with runs from deep or wide, so again shadow striker/inside forwards or possibly straight up wingers if you're using a second striker with him.

False Nine - Much like the DLF, comes deep to move into the space but is more suited to playing a lone striker role and allowing players from deep to get into key areas. Seems to be the go to role for most people.

1. Buy Shane Long,
2. feed him the ball.

sounds like shaun goater lol feed the goat and he`ll score

Hey it seems to work.
View attachment 438353

Last edited:
On a more serious note it starts with your tactic, you either want him to be a lone striker and thus the ideal focal point of an attack or to be there to latch onto the odd chances or you get him to work off another more physical striker that helps him carve out chances.
I've always preferred a lone striker, allows me to dictate a little more when and where he's going to be getting the ball and be in an correct position to finish those chances.

Yeah, I love the lone striker tactic too. Gives me an extra player in my midfield to dictate play and hold possession, and since I've good wingers and a TM upfront, I don't really miss the extra Forward.

Hum.. Yeah, it varies. Essentially, a DLP links around with the midfield. So it's good to have an AF or Poacher with him. But even better is having a really good shadow striker with him, so that the DLF passes, in order to get him to score. The shadow-striker is essentially your main scorer in this case. A f9 is something similar. He drops back, getting opposition players on him, so that he can pass to his teammates, in order to score. For a F9 to work, you generally shouldn't have anybody in the AMC position, as AMC prevents F9 from getting the space needed to function. Pair up the F9 with an AF or Poacher, and it should be good.

to be fair, i have a tactic where everyone is pretty much on support duty, even the lone striker and he scores 25-35 goals a season, Tactics are a good start, but it's training aswell, Get all your strikers on Complete Forward training, average intensity for your first pick striker, everyone else on heavy.

Complete forward covers the most basis in regards what a striker need to score goals, best training for a striker.

to be fair, i have a tactic where everyone is pretty much on support duty, even the lone striker and he scores 25-35 goals a season, Tactics are a good start, but it's training aswell, Get all your strikers on Complete Forward training, average intensity for your first pick striker, everyone else on heavy.

Complete forward covers the most basis in regards what a striker need to score goals, best training for a striker.
That would be poacher, CF covers a **** of a lot more than just the scoring goals part.

alright, well, yes.. but i mean complete forward training is best :p

Haha well it does cover the most true, I don't usually do training by roles anyway until a player is 20/21.

Haha well it does cover the most true, I don't usually do training by roles anyway until a player is 20/21.

for strikers, if they are young, i rotate the training from complete striker to box to box midfielder, two of the most spanning training regimes there are, great if you have a young talent and want to make a rooney type of player.

to create the killer striker is depending on your tactics, and the striker you have..

now i'm in 1st season with manchester united,
Javier Hernandez Got 30 Goals from 30 App.
RvP Got 15 out of 15 App (Injury Problem)

Bot of them are in Poacher role..

alright, well, yes.. but i mean complete forward training is best :p

I can agree with that, you can see that all youngers stats are growing up, also with that he needs most, so you are absolutely right! :D