Ronarch

Reaction score
AT LEAST 90% of my conceded goals are from crossing (including corners).

My defenders are like often reactless against crossing.

I tried 5-3-2, 4-2(DM)-2(SMF/AMF)-1 , 4-1-2-2-1, 4-1-3-2 but none of these seem to do a proper job on defending against crossing.

There are times that more than 10 consecutive goals I concede are all from crossing.
Really frustrating and unenjoyable.

Please teach me how to set instruction / set pieces / player instruction to do it better BEFORE THE BUG IS FIXED!
Thanksss a lot.

Maybe try setting your fullbacks to man mark and set 'stay on your feet' while having hassle opponents and close down more. Should make it hard for them to put a ball in with a man in the way.

I seen somewhere on here for corners to put 4 defenders zonally marking the 6 yard box which has stopped me conceding so many from vorners, I always chuck a player on each post as well. I got the same problem with crosses to.

Is your Assistant Manager setting the instructions to "Show him onto weaker Foot"?
If so, you're inviting a cross.

The whole point of the "Show onto weaker Foot" system is to allow the opponant to attack the ball but to not let him do it as effectivly as normal. You're looking to force a mistake by making him strike it with his weaker foot.

1) Check to see if the winger acctually has a weak foot, and secondly, his technique and Crossing ability will be important as they can make up for having a poor left/right foot.

2) Alway show a Winger onto his inside foot if you're looking to avoid crosses. You'd have to play with a DCM otherwise it's suicide but that's a good system to adopt. Though if they then have a FB looking to overlap him, you're playing into his hands. Study what the opposition is doing and adapt accordingly.

I always have my inside forwards/wingers on tighter marking so he tracks the full backs runs

Very helpful thread indeed ! Last night Guardado had been a constant threat with Fiorentina and I could not find a way to stop him !! I definitely adapt all the above to my players instructions !

game is scripted...ME always looks to score against you if you screwed up your settings somewhere...usually your player makes a mistake, but it can also be a goal from a cross ball or a corner. Instead of looking how to stop crossess, I would rather look at my tactic as a whole, If I were you and see what I'm doing wrong. If you want help with that, post screenies of your formation, player roles and duties and TI's...

Maybe the fact you are not playing with wingers or wingers who are not going to track back is an issue? Crossing definitely is overpowered right now but I am not conceding a lot from it. I play 4-1-4-1 or a 4-4-2 and the wingers always track back and stop the full back from being overwhelmed.

Showing them inside is generally good advice which may stop it, but also having wingers who will track back will help you.