How to do preseason after Euros/World Cup

Harris4Ips

Reaction score
Hi guys, something ive always struggled with is sorting my pre season after the euros or world cup during the summer. Some players come back 100% match fit whereas some dont.Just wondering what everyone usually does?I tend to have like 10 friendlies to get everyone fit and to get match tactics fluid.When some players come back 100% match fit i feel like i dont need to play them unless this % drops.When i have still tried to play them its only about 10 games in and i get messages saying my players are fatigued etc etc.But if i dont use them in pre season it seems like they arent hitting consistent form.Just intrigued to hear everyones thoughts and ideas on this :)Thanks

I usually play a quick game with people who have come back & they are fatigued, I then send them on holiday for a few weeks. In that screen you will have the option to select everyone who knackered and send them away.

10 preseason is a lot after a tournement, I set my games up (around 7) but within 4/5 days of each other..that way players have recovered enough to play the next fixture and improving the sharpness.

I think it depends when you start the pre-season. Indeed after international tournament like WC etc it will make your player get tired enough. Obviously you have to start pre-season before these guys come from their international duty. The one only solution is give these players extra holiday/rest. You can give how long their holiday based on physio recommendation in squad menu. And after they join the team you can give extra training for them and extra minutes play in friendly matches