Reaction score
Hi All,

Hopefully a nice quick easy question for everyone that is causing me a few issues recently, when starting a game, you obviously select your tactics, but I find they don't seem to find them familiar in time for the start of the season, by which time I would have hoped they'd be comfortable playing them. So does anyone have any quick tips to speeding this up without hampering your fitness or getting injuries.

I tend to set the match training for pre-season to only match tactics and then have the main training on either Fitness/Tactical on Very High. Yet I still find they find it awkward sometimes.

Could it improve by moving the slider to more match training? Or will this hamper the fitness of my players too much come the start of the season?

Thanks,

It will definitely improve tactical familiarity by sliding the slider to the left! You can see it on the calendar?! The days spent on it will increase to 2 days max. Not sure it even needs to be said, but obviously having only 1 tactic to learn is much better and will take less time than having to learn 3.

Secondly, Fitness training only trains the attributes. Nothing else.

It will definitely improve tactical familiarity by sliding the slider to the left! You can see it on the calendar?! The days spent on it will increase to 2 days max. Not sure it even needs to be said, but obviously having only 1 tactic to learn is much better and will take less time than having to learn 3.

Secondly, Fitness training only trains the attributes. Nothing else.
I will start to try changing that slider to the left then, as I have always left it as default for the most part!

Will probably start avoiding the Fitness option then as I actually thought it might help improve your players fitness in the short term but then I guess most of that depends on rest days for Condition and games played for Match fitness, is that correct?

Currently I do only have 2 tactics but I may change this to 1 until it is familiar then maybe add a second to train once I've settled on an idea.

Thanks.

Condition will just naturally build up in pre - season as the players start training again after their holiday.

Switch the slider so you have most match training, and set match tactics as preparation for friendlies. Then arrange friendlies every 3 or 4 days, depeending on whether you want the players to rest or not. But it's not really that important to be fully fluid. Defensive movement and set pieces and attacking movement and set pieces also need to be trained depending on nature of opponent. You wont play badly as long as you are at least competent in the tactic. You will naturally achieve full fluidity as seson progress.

Hi All,

Hopefully a nice quick easy question for everyone that is causing me a few issues recently, when starting a game, you obviously select your tactics, but I find they don't seem to find them familiar in time for the start of the season, by which time I would have hoped they'd be comfortable playing them. So does anyone have any quick tips to speeding this up without hampering your fitness or getting injuries.

I tend to set the match training for pre-season to only match tactics and then have the main training on either Fitness/Tactical on Very High. Yet I still find they find it awkward sometimes.

Could it improve by moving the slider to more match training? Or will this hamper the fitness of my players too much come the start of the season?

Thanks,

setting the general training on tactical will ONLY improve the tactical attributes of your players. it has nothing to do with learning the tactic. not in the space of a couple of weeks, anyway. My best recommendation is go for 2 weeks of intense physical training then another 2 on team cohesion (very high). Throughout all this time have your match preparation on tactics at maximum possible