How to find good scouts for your club

NCity13

Reaction score
Hi,

Just finished 11th in first season with Norwich City, I can now hire some scouts as I have money to do so, thing is I go to 'staff search' and it only comes up with British scouts and only a few foreign ones (mostly **** ones) , so do I have to add leagues, so the scouts will come up in my search? Surely not, surely there must be another way without having to add leagues?? I started off with the demo so couldn't add leagues at first.

Also what actually is the search option, who's knowledge is it?

I did find I had better access to scouts after adding the French and Dutch leagues. The Dutch scouts especially seemed to have good stats. There are some foreign scouts that come available during the early part of the game, at least for me. Search for Luciano Moggi if you can. He agreed to join my Mansfield side whilst I was in League 2 and he found no end of good players for me. Not sure what his attributes are but I think they're around 17/18 for scouting ability and potential. I also found Claus Lundekvam to be a good scout who is available right at the beginning, his attributes aren't the best but he's got good knowledge of lots of countries.

If your scouting knowledge is low you won't see many listed.
Might be worthwhile to temporarily hire some cheap scout who has good spread of scouting knowledge. Such as Georg Kristensen or Claude Gnakpa...if they exists in your game. Hiring even one such staff member will give you a far better pool to choose from.

Any staff member with dual nationality is a decent choice. I recommend adding that column to your staff transfer search: Insert Column -> General -> Second Nationality

Last edited:
If your scouting knowledge is low you won't see many listed.
Might be worthwhile to temporarily hire some cheap scout who has good spread of scouting knowledge. Such as Georg Kristensen or Claude Gnakpa...if they exists in your game. Hiring even one such staff member will give you a far better pool to choose from.

Any staff member with dual nationality is a decent choice. I recommend adding that column to your staff transfer search: Insert Column -> General -> Second Nationality

So my scouts look for other scouts, that's why they come up in the search filter?

Nice on mate cheers I'll have a look, good motivation attribute is good as well isn't it?

This may sound stupid, but when you start a new game, and then click player search, it comers up with like some players, so where have these players appeared from?

Check 'Scouting' -> 'Knowledge'.
That's your staff members knowledge pool. At 100% you can basically see all players/staff in the country. Your manager pretty much knows everything about his native country, so even if you don't have any other staff you can still see some players/staff.