Jadax

Reaction score
Is there any legit way of getting a tycoon to takeover your club?

I'm currently managing my team in Germany for the 7th/8th season in a row and we consistently do well above expectations, but my board sucks major balls - they don't ever provide financial resources for any upgrades.

I've recently had to sell off 2 of my best players for much less than I could have gotten for them since they wanted to move to a bigger club, and I couldn't afford their wage demands.

So ye...any way to get a tycoon to take over my club?

Unfortunately not. If it happens it happens, if not, then unlucky.

I've only had 3 since FM07. So it's unlikely.

I've only ever had one & that was in my Newcastle save on FM2012. At the time I had built a great team & it ruined the save because I didn't need the money! I honestly don't know any tips how to get a takeover it just randomly happens

Ive only had 1 tycoon take over my club, and it was when i was at Man Utd, bit of a waste of time haha, id already cleared clubs debt and had a world class squad lol

On one of my very first saves I got one in season 2 and they pumped in millions which ****** me off because I like underdog saves. Pretty much ruined my save lol

I'm pretty sure (in the Editor) that you can choose to have a sugar daddy in the "clubs" sub-section. But if you want it to happen naturally it's just luck.

Just play Monaco, more or less the same.
Endless money, the fun part in there is actual to get them to build a big stadium for you.

Still working on that project in my 3rd season, just about to finish it off and hopeful i'll win the League this season after a promotion and 3rd place. I won my CL group, and facing Barca in the quater final.

Anyways, anyone had succes with building a new stadium @ Monaco?

Tho AZ, Inter Milan and At. Madrid always gets taken over in my saves

You cant induce a takeover its random, all you can do is start with clubs who's chairmen wants to sell.
Also you will never get a tycoon on your save now, German clubs cant be taken over by a tycoon, they have a 51-49 system where the most 1 person can own is 49% and SI have implement that. there is a file you can delete to allow take overs in germany thou.

Choose a team by looking at their info screen and finding that the chairman is merely "enjoying life at the club" or worse.

You cant induce a takeover its random, all you can do is start with clubs who's chairmen wants to sell.
Also you will never get a tycoon on your save now, German clubs cant be taken over by a tycoon, they have a 51-49 system where the most 1 person can own is 49% and SI have implement that. there is a file you can delete to allow take overs in germany thou.
This is to a certain aspect true. However, companies can buy 49% of the shares and then give financial aid to the clubs. Examples of that is Bayer Leverkusen with financial aid from Bayer, Wolfsburg with Volkswagen, RasenBall Leipzig with Red Bull, and Hoffenheim with Dietmar Hopp. Is it the fans/club who runs the business or in reality the investors? Most of the clubs mentioned here wouldn't be competitive in the Bundesliga without financial aid and for that reason the 49% shareholder still has the last word on how to run the club. The concept of the Bundesliga is interesting, but when we face the reality it is the investors who control the clubs strategy and structure.

On topic. You just can't force a tycoon takeover, even if you put the club in huge debt. The chairman might have problem selling the club or the new owners only removes the debt of the club and things will be as before.

Man U is a sure thing, in 2014 they always, and I mean ALWAYS, gets taken over ;)