How to get manchester city to earn profit?

Reduce your wage budget and win cup games

Try to sell of players like SWP, Jo, Wayne Bridge who u wont need even if its for half their value, that way ur wages is considerably lessened

read this, I just posted it in another thread ;)

1) sell all your players that you dont need or use

2) by selling all the players, you will receive cash as well as freeing up your wage budget...

3) once you have sold all your fringe players, take ALL your Transfer Budget and put as much of it as you can into your Wage Budget... once you are in the positive, you start making interest on that every month and you will see your finances start to take a turn for the good :)

4) loan out some of your good younger players if you are not going to play them much (dont let them rot away, let them play, this will also free up your wage for that year)

5) as mentioned above, get the best of the best, ask your board to upgrade everything you can, ask for a bigger stadium if you must... invest in the infrastructure, you will never go wrong...

Sell off your reserve team. Most of them aren't good enough to ever play in the first team so they are a waste of space. That's what I did with my United team, made over 40 million from sales by selling off players that weren't going to be good enough (and Nani). It also frees up a lot of wasted wages.

Tbh it's not that simple with Man City. Every single player asks for **** loads more money than normal just because it's Man City. And every player you have is being paid more than he's worth. So when you sell them to other clubs, the player will get paid alot less, meaning you have to pay the difference just to finally offload him. It can take around 5 years to finally get rid of the current City wage madness and bring it down to 1m p/w.

I tried this. I got mid-way season 3 before getting the sack because after Season 1: 12th I think it was, Season 2: 2nd or 3rd (top 6 was 3 point difference from 1st-6th). Season 3: 7th mid-season when I got sacked although the difference from 7th-3rd was 2 points and 1st was 4 points. Really tough to do, and owners don't stop injecting cash into the club so if you think you made a profit, its the stupid owners.